2016 High School Dance Hip Hop....I'm strugglin' fellas

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Here is what I do (and it's a pain). I export my history to my desktop then open that up in iTunes and then c/p that list into an excel file. If your music isn't already in iTunes it won't show up on the playlist.

Reactions: jtnichol
In the txt file, you can eliminate whatever is not needed. Depending on how it lines up, if you edit it in Word, you can eliminate a 'section' of text.

The students WILL dance to 128 to 130 BPM songs. You want the ones with memorable HYPES in them and you want to get on the mic for some of them and use your strobe at that time as well or some other fast light for the build up and then DROP THAT! Works great for me but I'm a remix junkie for my school dances. :D Blasting a CO2 gun for some of the DROPS really makes them lose it!

If he was struggling and not willing to learn it's a problem. Jeremiah is here asking for assistance and doing work on his own beside that. Sometimes the best thing you can do is step out of your comfort zone
I completely agree and don't doubt that Jeremiah wants to do well. If sure he's a nice guy. However, there's something to be said about these statements and how they apply to the event.

I just don't think that an event is a practice field. I also feel that not liking or being familiar with a particular genre or generation means you're not the right fit for the event. There's a level of deception in these practices towards the client. I don't think the client booked for twice the money because of the DJ's financial woes or willingness to learn. Was it the big speakers and lights? Were they sold something that doesn't exist?

We all can (and should) learn from these situations.
These events are one-time experiences for those in attendance. Maybe they deserve better than copy & paste?

The students WILL dance to 128 to 130 BPM songs. You want the ones with memorable HYPES in them and you want to get on the mic for some of them and use your strobe at that time as well or some other fast light for the build up and then DROP THAT! Works great for me but I'm a remix junkie for my school dances. :D Blasting a CO2 gun for some of the DROPS really makes them lose it!

You and I are the same people. No cannon...but I do have 4 - Diversitronics strobes. Yup. I can hype the crowd indeed..

I completely agree and don't doubt that Jeremiah wants to do well. If sure he's a nice guy. However, there's something to be said about these statements and how they apply to the event.

I just don't think that an event is a practice field. I also feel that not liking or being familiar with a particular genre or generation means you're not the right fit for the event. There's a level of deception in these practices towards the client. I don't think the client booked for twice the money because of the DJ's financial woes or willingness to learn. Was it the big speakers and lights? Were they sold something that doesn't exist?

These events are one-time experiences for those in attendance. Maybe they deserve better than copy & paste?

I was speaking about literally only the bleeding edge hip hop that's out there. I somehow made it sound like this was my first dance to you.

No...I was just needing a litttle help on some bangers from the last couple years. Everything else like Dj and Trap, Pop, EDM music I'm solid as can be. I think I've been at this game for something like 15 years. It's just been a while since I've had this much of a Hip Hop loving teenage crowd. I was literally getting help with the 10% of the music of the harder hip hop variety that is newer than 2012.

At the end of it all I was doubting myself when I shouldn't have. I ended up playing only a couple of songs I THOUGHT were needed and they were but they were super comfy with what I was doing. I had maybe 30 requests all night and I filled the ones I new I could play..
Principal and Sponsor are ready book as soon as the sports calendar was made and it was the best dance they'd ever seen.

I'll try to get that list up later as well as a bit of video...

I think the copy and paste was to share the list here

Hank if someone showed up here out of the blue asking for a playlist or instructions on how to do an event I would agree with you but Jeremiah has done these events before and is soft on one genre. You don't get experience by not doing and really it's not hard to research it out and make up the difference

OK I found the Tracklist history file.....nice find. I didn't know it was that easy. Searching for answers online is hard for me because I'm a dolt....

That Feel the Drums track #1 is great for me. I love to darken the room or keep the lights dim and just crescendo the volume gradually. I'm going to underline lesser known tracks I think every DJ should have right now in high school settings.

20:17 : SikDuo - Feel The Drums (Main Mix)

20:18 : RhythmDB f./John O & EQ - Ponte Bellaca (Radio Edit Video Mix)
20:21 : Beyoncé Feat. Jay-Z - Crazy In Love
20:24 : Usher Feat. Lil' Jon & Ludacris - Yeah!
20:28 : Pitbull f./John Ryan - Fireball (Promo Only Intro Edit)
20:31 : Sean Paul - Temperature
20:34 : Taylor Swift f./Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood (Promo Only Intro Edit)
20:37 : Ariana Grande f./Iggy Azalea - Problem (Dave Aude Twerk Club)

20:41 : The Chainsmokers f./ROZES - Roses (The Him Remix Radio Edit)

20:44 : Whitney Houston F. Rihanna - I Wanna Dance in a Lonely Place Whitney VS Rhianna (JF Productions Remix)
20:49 : Beyoncé - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)
20:52 : Jessie J f./Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj - Bang Bang (Promo Only Intro Edit)
20:56 : Ariana Grande - Focus (Promo Only Intro Edit)
21:00 : Flo Rida f./Sage The Gemini - GDFR (Goin' Down For Real) (Promo Only Clean Edit)
21:02 : Drake f./Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance (Promo Only Intro Edit)
21:06 : Beyonce - Formation (Reid Stefan Remix)

21:10 : Beyonce - Partition (Noodles & Devastator Remix)

21:13 : Kronic f./Raven Felix - Feel That (Arcane Echo Remix)
21:16 : Thomas Rhett - Die A Happy Man
21:20 : Tory Lanez - Say It (Clean)
21:22 : DJ Khaled f./Jay-Z - I Got The Keyz
21:24 : iHeartMemphis - Hit The Quan (Promo Only Intro Edit)
21:28 : Soulja Boy - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
21:30 : Cali Swag District - Teach Me How To Dougie
21:33 : Webstar & Young B Feat. The Voice Of Harlem - Chicken Noodle Soup (Radio Edit So Tight)
21:34 : Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out?
21:34 : CASPER - CHA CHA SLIDE (RADIO VERSION)
21:38 : Cupid - Cupid Shuffle
21:42 : J. Dash - WOP
21:45 : Mann - Buzzin' (Promo Only Clean Edit)

21:47 : Flo Rida - My House (DJ Kontrol & Neil Jackson Radio Edit)
21:51 : Flosstradamus & NYMZ - Wavy
21:52 : My Crazy Girlfriend - Crazy Stupid Love (NGHTMRE Radio Edit)

21:57 : Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling! (Promo Only Intro Edit 1)
22:02 : Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life
22:06 : Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
22:10 : Nicki Minaj - Starships
22:14 : V.I.C. - Wobble
22:16 : Dlow - Bet You Can't Do It Like Me (Promo Only Intro Edit)
22:17 : iLoveMemphis - Lean And Dabb (Clean)
22:19 : Silento - Watch Me (Promo Only Intro Edit)
22:22 : Ghost Town DJs - My Boo (Hitman's Club Mix)
22:24 : Baauer - Harlem Shake (Radio Edit)

22:25 : DJ Snake f./Lil Jon, Juicy J, 2 Chainz & French Montana - Turn Down For What (Remix)

22:25 : Lil Jon f./Tyga - Bend Ova (Verified Intro Edit - Clean)
22:27 : Dillon Francis & DJ Snake - Get Low (Verified Intro)
22:31 : David Guetta f./Nicki Minaj & Afrojack - Hey Mama (Club Killers Remix Intro - Clean)
22:34 : Dlow - Bet You Can't Do It Like Me (Promo Only Intro Edit)

22:36 : The Chainsmokers f./Daya & Konshens - Don't Let Me Down (Dom Da Bomb & Electric Bodega Remix)

22:38 : Haley Reinhart - Can't Help Falling in Love

22:41 : Skrillex & Diplo f./Justin Bieber - Where Are U Now (Marshmello Remix)
22:44 : Rihanna - Needed Me (W&W Remix (Radio Edit - Clean))

22:46 : Flo Rida Feat. T-Pain - Low
22:48 : Pitbull f./Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight (Super Clean - With Intro)
22:49 : LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
22:54 : Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud

Awesome playlist. I like the Dillon Francis Get Low but outside of one school, I can't ever get people to dance to it.

Here do this:

Harlem Shake (get out after the first drop is done) - Turn Down for What remix that I posted - Go to the second chorus of that then SLAM into "Bend Ova" right when Lil Jon says it. You gotta beatmatch and time it perfect and everyone's faces will melt. After the first chorus of Bendova I do do a beatmatch crossfade into Get Low....but Lil Jon' is still singing....then I slowly MID EQ his voice out on the "wiggle make it shake like jello" part and mid EQ in the "Get Low Get Get Low" repetition of Dillon Francis. The whole time I've also rolled off the Bass of Bend Ova and just use the beat for 32 counds of Get Low.

The songs by themselves are ok at best...but if you can do some EQ filter and beatmatch it makes it into a very custom mix the audience can feel...It's like they know exactly where they are goin...No use in playing any of these songs (especially never Harlem shake) for more than 2 verses.

Awesome playlist. I like the Dillon Francis Get Low but outside of one school, I can't ever get people to dance to it.

DUDE EERobert I was born in Hays KS! My dad Tom Nichol was the jock for the Q country station out there in the 70's. What a small world.

DUDE EERobert I was born in Hays KS! My dad Tom Nichol was the jock for the Q country station out there in the 70's. What a small world.

Thanks for the tips!

And that is awesome what a small small world. I was raised in Colby and moved to Hays about 5 years ago and that's when I started doing this. Before that I was a radio jock in far NWKS. Small crqzy world.

Back on point, thanks again for the tips I agree that you only need a verse or two on a couple of these songs. I know have a new project to work on.

For someone struggling .. you seem to have a pretty darn good grasp on it all ...:)

Struggling in hindsight wasn't the right word. I think "concerned" would have been better. It's just that little niche of hip hop that's got me on a rail... Thanks for the kind words Steve.

Thanks for the tips!

And that is awesome what a small small world. I was raised in Colby and moved to Hays about 5 years ago and that's when I started doing this. Before that I was a radio jock in far NWKS. Small crqzy world.

Back on point, thanks again for the tips I agree that you only need a verse or two on a couple of these songs. I know have a new project to work on.

What are the odds...My dad was also at KQNK in Norton KS. Any chance that was it? LOL....

Reactions: ittigger
OMG .. JT and EE are brothers ..

No but I listened to that station some.

I was radio jocking at KTCC (in college-College station, #1 in the nation at the time), KQLS (now KRDQ), KXXX in Colby, and KGCR in Goodland.
We won't ask what's on the air at K-XXX ...

No but I listened to that station some.

I was radio jocking at KTCC (in college-College station, #1 in the nation at the time), KQLS (now KRDQ), KXXX in Colby, and KGCR in Goodland.

My dad got his start in Colby! 1972 I believe...omg...lol

Reactions: ittigger