80's Party Playlist

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Trueblue

New DJ
Mar 4, 2009
Hi all,

I don't suppose anybody has a really good playlist for an 80's party that I could go by.
The gig is 4 hours long or there abouts.

Thanks

T.B

Dont scare him Wiz, we want him to come back.

Agree'd....

Here's a helpful hint.... www.amazon.com is full of CD compilations of Hits from the 80s I'd start there and also talk with your client as mentioned their idea of 80s hits may differ from yours and mine.....

I can actually understand not handing everything on a silver platter to someone with 5 posts. I'm not gonna rake them over the coals though. Maybe I'm turning into and old fart from a FNG. We should post a sticky, "all new guys need to search old posts and do some research before asking for a playlist".

I think the question here is: why are you taking on a gig that you arent equipped to do...knowledge wise? :sqerr:

Yes I was just going to ask the same question....

Mabye if you tell us how the 40th anniversary we helped you with and drew headaches for the staff here went we might be a little quicker to help you this time

Mabye if you tell us how the 40th anniversary we helped you with and drew headaches for the staff here went we might be a little quicker to help you this time

shakes head in agreement..... and now maybe some get what I'm saying....

I always got what you were saying Papa....

I don't regret helping out and I never expected to be lauded or even thanked I'm ok with that but a simple 10 word post that it went well or sucked or whatever would be nice. A gig report would even be better

Papa Im sure you know my thoughts

unless my past has disintegrated. Im glad someone has taken the torch as Im trying hard to play my part properly. Sometimes its downright painful.:sqwink:

Jon, I definitely know your thoughts.... there is a right way to ask, and a wrong way to ask.... and while you're asking, how about giving up something instead of just taking... I'm in 100% agreement.

I have to admit that my thinking has changed since I came here as a dumbfounded, clueless newbie over a year ago and I understand not wanting to simply hand over knowledge gained by the people here through hard work, study, research, experience doing gigs etc. I certainly don't believe in hazing either.

I've struggled and spend thousands of dollars just getting to the point where I'm at now which is somewhere in between a newbie and someone who knows what they're doing. I've progressed much farther in my singing skills and knowledge than in my DJ skills, knowledge and experience since I've done very few DJ jobs and lots of singing gigs.

TB posted this on 4/10 and has not been back to it since. I guess he won't do that again...

TB posted this on 4/10 and has not been back to it since. I guess he won't do that again...

It seems pretty clear from the OP that he wasn't looking for say a few sugestions... he wanted the entire list... no homework on his part just give it to me...

A few of us gave great sugestions as to where to find great 80s music....

But, your right I doubt he'll be back here again.... since we didn't give up the purse so to speak.