Alternatives for speaker stands

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I hate the look of speaker stands, but I love the sound of coupled subs, does anyone have a commercially available solution

Speaker on truss (with a large baseplate) is a neat look

Speaker-Truss-Totem-Systems.png

I've also seen larger versions of these with a 2x2' baseplate

51jb2RX3tqL._SY679_.jpg

This is just a conceptual drawing, but I'm planning to build my own truss (later this year) out of square aluminum tubing. It will extend vertically with an electric motor (of sorts), and the wiring will all be internal. The speakers will be mounted like this...

ry%3D400.jpg
The speaker mounts are commercially available wall mounts, and they could be mounted on any truss system pretty easily. These may not be the actual brackets I'll be using, but you get the general idea.

Reactions: Ausumm
Speaker on truss (with a large baseplate) is a neat look

Speaker-Truss-Totem-Systems.png

I've also seen larger versions of these with a 2x2' baseplate

51jb2RX3tqL._SY679_.jpg
To get the same stability as the tripod speaker stands, you need a pretty large (and heavy) base plate. The look of the truss (totem) system you posted is pretty nice, but could be height limiting. Good options, though.

Last edited:
Setting them at 6' high and a good 2' base (solid floor) should be OK for lighter weight speakers .. Can go to a 30/36" base as well. Many folks put large movers on them .. probably a similar weight. There are center post adapters for the totem top plate that allow the speaker to be secured from horizontal movement.

g11078-1.jpg

DSC_0644.JPG