Alto TSSUB15 15" - Anybody tried it?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I have a pair of Yamaha DXS12s to sell ... :)

I heard the TSUB last year or the year previous at the DJ Expo .. OK .. wasn't enamored with them.

I have a pair of Yamaha DXS12s to sell ... :)

I heard the TSUB last year or the year previous at the DJ Expo .. OK .. wasn't enamored with them.

I'm not really wanting another pair. I have the pair of yorkies but for weddings, I think a 15" under the DJ table would be plenty and would keep it out of sight. If one of these 50lb boxes would suffice it'd also be nice, loading wise.

I'm going with either the RCF 705ASII (51 pounds) or the new JBL PRX815XLF (56 pounds) when it ships in a couple of weeks.

Since you're going to stick it under the table, I'd be very tempted to try the new Bose F1 sub (56 pounds ?), but with it turned on it's side, putting both drivers right next to the floor.

Last edited:
I keep posting a link to an Amazon page above, but it keeps changing to Walmart .. anyone know of a virus/hack that does that? I edit it .. says Amazon .. I save and it shows the Amazon link for a sec and then switches to a Walmart link. Could it be an issue inside Xenforo? I tried multiple browsers with the same issue.

Reactions: Dan The Man
I'm still shopping around and thinking about picking up a small sub to use on weddings. I like the Alto tops, but don't know anything about this one. Anybody have any experience with it?
Rick, I use two of the Alto TSSUB15's with two TS110A tops. I originally used them with two TS112W tops, but I like the combo with the 10's better. They've been reliable for me, and the weight is not bad. I get compliments on my audio clarity all the time (after virtually every gig). That said, these subs are not gonna blow anyone away. They are fine for 200 or so people, but they probably would not work for a high school dance. I HAVE tried using just one with two tops, and if you don't need big booming base, it works pretty well. For a budget sub, I don't think I could have made a better choice.

Rick, I use two of the Alto TSSUB15's with two TS110A tops. I originally used them with two TS112W tops, but I like the combo with the 10's better. They've been reliable for me, and the weight is not bad. I get compliments on my audio clarity all the time (after virtually every gig). That said, these subs are not gonna blow anyone away. They are fine for 200 or so people, but they probably would not work for a high school dance. I HAVE tried using just one with two tops, and if you don't need big booming base, it works pretty well. For a budget sub, I don't think I could have made a better choice.

Thanks Bobcat, that's what I was hoping to hear on these. I have a pair of LS801ps for proms and bigger setups. I'm wanting something smaller, not overwhelming bass, but would add just the right thump to a wedding of say 125. I'd be pairing it with a pair of QSC K10s, so sounds like a comparable setup. I'm just tired of wheeling a 150lb box off the van for a wedding. Seems way over-kill. Will it fit under the typical table?

Thanks Bobcat, that's what I was hoping to hear on these. I have a pair of LS801ps for proms and bigger setups. I'm wanting something smaller, not overwhelming bass, but would add just the right thump to a wedding of say 125. I'd be pairing it with a pair of QSC K10s, so sounds like a comparable setup. I'm just tired of wheeling a 150lb box off the van for a wedding. Seems way over-kill. Will it fit under the typical table?
Forgot to mention one down side, though. When I bought mine, I could not find any covers... anywhere. They have that finish that could get nicked up pretty easily, so I contacted Tuki covers, and they made a pair of padded covers for me... can't remember what I paid for them, but it was VERY reasonable.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I went by Guitar Center at lunch. They didn't have the Alto in stock but they had another that caught my eye. A Turbosound iQ18B. It doesn't really fit the bill for what I'm wanting (small, lightweight) but it's claiming 3,000 watts of power and at 103lbs and priced at $749. Those numbers just cannot be right.

I went by Guitar Center at lunch. They didn't have the Alto in stock but they had another that caught my eye. A Turbosound iQ18B. It doesn't really fit the bill for what I'm wanting (small, lightweight) but it's claiming 3,000 watts of power and at 103lbs and priced at $749. Those numbers just cannot be right.
Yea it's probably closer to 1.21 gigawatts

I keep posting a link to an Amazon page above, but it keeps changing to Walmart .. anyone know of a virus/hack that does that? I edit it .. says Amazon .. I save and it shows the Amazon link for a sec and then switches to a Walmart link. Could it be an issue inside Xenforo? I tried multiple browsers with the same issue.
When I click on that link it takes me to the Amazon page.

When I click on that link it takes me to the Amazon page.

Mine still goes to Walmart .. not sure WTF is going on. I ran a malware scan (actually 2 different .. Malwarebytes and Ad-aware) .. no change.

Thanks for troubleshooting the issue with me @steve149 . We figured out the problem, Viglink, an advertising platform we use to affiliate links on ODJT had a feature enabled to "optimize links". This basically means it was changing links for products from one vendor to another if the other vendor will pay more for sending the traffic their way. I'm not sure how long this as been active (I hadn't noticed it before Steven mentioning it) but this is not something we want to be doing at ODJT.

Seems to work fine now .. thanks as always Danno ..