Alto TSSUB15 15" - Anybody tried it?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Wow, nice catch!
It was driving me crazy .. same product, but it was $999 at Walmart and less than $750 at Amazon .. you'd see the link appear, then immediately get changed elsewhere.

Thanks for troubleshooting the issue with me @steve149 . We figured out the problem, Viglink, an advertising platform we use to affiliate links on ODJT had a feature enabled to "optimize links". This basically means it was changing links for products from one vendor to another if the other vendor will pay more for sending the traffic their way. I'm not sure how long this as been active (I hadn't noticed it before Steven mentioning it) but this is not something we want to be doing at ODJT.

Might have been part of my problem yesterday too @Big Dan the unresponsive script was a viglink script. I assumed it was something to serve ads never thought any more of it

I am going to say go with a EKX15sp, its damn nice sub, and easy to move , I cant comment on how one handles, I have not yet used just one.

I prefer 2 subs .. even if I use just 1 .. I like the look of a top (12" or under) on a thin pole over the sub .. rather than the much larger tripod. So I will always bring 2 if I'm bringing any. With the EVOX, I don't have a choice :).

Reactions: SEDJ
I prefer 2 subs .. even if I use just 1 .. I like the look of a top (12" or under) on a thin pole over the sub .. rather than the much larger tripod. So I will always bring 2 if I'm bringing any. With the EVOX, I don't have a choice :).
I too like the top over sub look a lot more then a speaker on a stick look.

Rick, I have a Alto TSUB12 that I use. I don't even bring it out unless I have at least 100 guests attending.

I honestly believe it to be the best bang for buck sub on the Market...just like I say about Alto Speakers. Like BobCat I also get compliments on the sound quality. I just use a single 12 sub though. It also only weighs 41 lbs.

Yes, the Alto 12s and 15s are not going to blow anybody away, but they pack a good punch, and are light weight. Events with 300 and less and these subs are fine. A big highschool dance, then yeah you would need a better sub. However, for weddings they are great!

I am doing a 50th birthday party today at a Country Club. Only 40 guests. I am just using two Alto TS110As on this small party. No Sub. The wedding I am doing next Saturday has 91 guests...debating bringing the sub out on that one.

Rick, I have a Alto TSUB12 that I use. I don't even bring it out unless I have at least 100 guests attending.

I honestly believe it to be the best bang for buck sub on the Market...just like I say about Alto Speakers. Like BobCat I also get compliments on the sound quality. I just use a single 12 sub though. It also only weighs 41 lbs.

Yes, the Alto 12s and 15s are not going to blow anybody away, but they pack a good punch, and are light weight. Events with 300 and less and these subs are fine. A big highschool dance, then yeah you would need a better sub. However, for weddings they are great!
I'm not really here:laugh:, but I have to ask this question... what's with the 4 rubber feet on the side of the TSSUB12's in addition to the ones one the bottom?

I'm not really here:laugh:, but I have to ask this question... what's with the 4 rubber feet on the side of the TSSUB12's in addition to the ones one the bottom?

I think they put those on so that you can store the Sub up right if you want to. I like that those little rubber feet are there! That is how I store it in my storage unit!

I think they put those on so that you can store the Sub up right if you want to.

The pole mount is deliberately on the side that forces you to use the larger footprint (to increase stability, it only wheighs 41 pounds) when holding up tops. I'm sure you could use it the other way solo, or centrally clustered in pairs.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Okay, QSC Ksub (dual 12s) or EV EKX 15sp?

For all the talk on the RCFs, I've never heard any of them, so I'd be taking a leap of faith and with no local supplier. The JBL sounds interesting but their tops really seemed under-powered. Not sure if the subs are better or not.
Depends on which JBL tops you're talking about. They have some tops that are pure dynamite! Great sound with plenty of power.