amazed at what I saw sort of

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
But if you are not a higher charging DJ you must be a bottem feeding hack, is what I get from other DJ forums.

You mean the place with all kinds of $3000 DJ's whom are very free to tell you you are worthless while they are busy posting on a Saturday night? ;)

Are you publicly admitting that Mix has got better game than you?:eek::D
I'll admit that most everyone has better "game" ..

I think I still have him in common sense.

The thing is did this other DJ have pictures and videos of what he had to offer that wasn't someone else stuff and them pretending it's theirs? I certainly believe Tunes did. They did what some do. Pick the cheapest thing they can find and go with that. It happens and really nothing you can do unless they come back to you but wish them well.

Reminds me so much of my other medical professionals.. the plastic surgeons.

@rickryan.com .... You have no clue what great comedy you miss by having a certain someone on "ignore".
Could you get the job described done and what would they get if you quoted a price of 3k to do the job? Not trying to be funny or get on your case. Just wanted to see what your response would be. The only way I could pull off this job would be to sub contract out this job to other vendors. Such as someone to provide the up lights. Personally I agree with the price quote of 3k. The client just felt that was too much. Oh well like the saying goes you win some and you lose some. That means on to the next potential client. Someone when presented properly will see that what he had to offer is well worth the price. No need of stressing yourself or getting mad at them. Let them be mad at themselves when they see what they paid for. More than likely they will wish they had paid the 3k. Too late then.

Then again it's not about can you offer what they want but will you get it right? As in will the up lighting look like a true professional did it or a hack that just wanted to do the job so they could make some money? Some are gig whores and those who are truly professional and love this business are not.

So proud so many must be of their ignorance to display it so willingly and frequently.

[QUOTE="DJ R

My point is that generally speaking $3,000 for DJ plus Up Lighting is in inflated price. If you are booking 10 weddings a year at that price in Wisconsin without a Photo Booth or other stuff added in, then I am impressed. Either your clients truly have money to spend, or they aren't smart enough to research up lighting enough to come to a conclusion on how much they should really pay for it. My clients tend to be research savvy, and somewhat techy. Getting them to pay a bunch for up lighting is near impossible. A few downtown D.C. brides who have Mom and Dad footing the bill at their $9,000+ venue will pay it if you get that kind of client, but outside of that up lighting is an aggressive sale.[/QUOTE]

My clients hire me because of me and my experience trust in me and what I do, Ricky you are obsessed with pricing and why it shouldn't be so high, that is why you are and always will be stuck where you are at, I sell an experience not a service 100% of my business is referrals, people hire me because of my history of over delivering at every event, I charge what I charge because of supply and demand, I am not every other DJ, I am me there is only one, if you want my services they require a premium fee,

My clients hire me because of me and my experience trust in me and what I do, Ricky you are obsessed with pricing and why it shouldn't be so high, that is why you are and always will be stuck where you are at,

I'd have to disagree with your assessment. I believe Ricky is in a much more competitive area than most of us, and he appears to have a very firm grasp of where his market is and how to achieve his goals in it. Obviously, we all can learn and should keep trying to push the ceiling. I appreciate his, and your input in regards.

Reactions: dunlopj
[QUOTE="DJ R

My point is that generally speaking $3,000 for DJ plus Up Lighting is in inflated price. If you are booking 10 weddings a year at that price in Wisconsin without a Photo Booth or other stuff added in, then I am impressed. Either your clients truly have money to spend, or they aren't smart enough to research up lighting enough to come to a conclusion on how much they should really pay for it. My clients tend to be research savvy, and somewhat techy. Getting them to pay a bunch for up lighting is near impossible. A few downtown D.C. brides who have Mom and Dad footing the bill at their $9,000+ venue will pay it if you get that kind of client, but outside of that up lighting is an aggressive sale.

My clients hire me because of me and my experience trust in me and what I do, Ricky you are obsessed with pricing and why it shouldn't be so high, that is why you are and always will be stuck where you are at, I sell an experience not a service 100% of my business is referrals, people hire me because of my history of over delivering at every event, I charge what I charge because of supply and demand, I am not every other DJ, I am me there is only one, if you want my services they require a premium fee,[/QUOTE]So you're saying that if someone paid you 3k to provide what you just stated you would be ripping off the client? How is it that a DJ is ripping someone off if they agree to pay that much? Now if the DJ under delivers then they might be ripping a client off.

Mix .. I think you need to put the "quoting" training wheels back on ...

Reactions: ittigger