Are you a positive or a negative person??

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
Do you have a positive spin on life always looking for ways to improve yourself and you position in life or are you the type that is always coming up with excuses why something can't be done, it will never work, the end of the world is near???

I don't understand the negative people, who would want to live like that

I assumed you meant Positive so I edited that for ya ;)

I like to think of myself as positive most of the time. We all have those days but if you can be upbeat most of the time it generally works out

Reactions: ittigger
I think I'm pragmatic .. It is what it is .. sometimes that means I seem optimistic and sometimes pessimistic .. I try to do both things positively.

I am generally positive. I try to see the big picture - aim and hope for the positives but try to be prepared for the negatives.

As an almost 11 year leukemia cancer survivor with a stem cell transplant from one of my sisters (yes, I have female DNA!), a new perspective almost forces you to have a positive outlook on everything.

So yes, I am a positive person...and happily accept it and run with it.

I consider myself very positive. I understand negative things will happen. But we all have a choice of how we react to negative things.

When something negative happens, What are we going to do about it? We can complain that it isn't fair. How it's not our fault. Or we can fix it.

Life is short. Have fun. Don't sweat the little stuff. Work on fixing the big stuff. Ignore the stuff you can't control.

Reactions: Jas and ittigger
I'm sure I'd be more successful if I were optimistic about everything. I do work to improve myself in my areas of talent or aptitude. And I tend to shoot down ideas that don't seem realistic. Negative thinking happens to most people (sometimes) and needs to be dealt with IMO.

Don't start your day with "What do I need to do?". Instead, begin with "Who do I need to be?".
Much better than "What the heck did I do last night?".

Do you have a positive spin on life always looking for ways to improve yourself and you position in life or are you the type that is always coming up with excuses why something can't be done, it will never work, the end of the world is near???

I don't understand the negative people, who would want to live like that

What's really the difference?
If you wake everyday looking for ways to improve yourself it implies your current self-image is negative.

Truth is a function of perspective. "Negative" can be nothing more than another persons truth upon which you have no perspective.

What's really the difference?
If you wake everyday looking for ways to improve yourself it implies your current self-image is negative.

Truth is a function of perspective. "Negative" can be nothing more than another persons truth upon which you have no perspective.

I disagree. I don't believe looking to improve implies being negative. I think it's positive and realistic to understand there is always things that can be improved.

To me, being negative is more about someone 's belief that they can't change an undesirable situation....or cannot figure out how to make the best of it.

I disagree. I don't believe looking to improve implies being negative. I think it's positive and realistic to understand there is always things that can be improved.

Pay closer attention to the adverbs.

If you spend every day looking for ways to improve yourself - that's a form of scarcity dysfunction. There are periods in people's lives where learning and self-improvement may take center stage but, to be persistently thinking you need to improve is obsessive.

Change is not synonymous with improvement. There is not ALWAYS room to improve but, change as a reflection of personal subjective preference is indiscriminate. One man's improvement is another man's defect.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunlopj
Pay closer attention to the adverbs.

If you spend every day looking for ways to improve yourself - that's a form of scarcity dysfunction. There are periods in people's lives where learning and self-improvement may take center stage but, to be persistently thinking you need to improve is obsessive.

Change is not synonymous with improvement. There is not ALWAYS room to improve but, change as reflection of personal subject9ive preference is indiscriminate. One man's improvement is another man's defect.

Well sure, if you spend ever day doing anything, it can be obsessive. Praying and drinking water are 2 things that are looked upon as good for you. But, yes, if ALL YOU DO is pray all day or drink water all day, eventually those things are going to be negative.

For most humans, taking some time to think about what you can do to improve is a good idea. Perhaps there are people who are perfect that could not possibly improve anything. I'd like to meet them

Reactions: ittigger
For most humans, taking some time to think about what you can do to improve is a good idea. Perhaps there are people who are perfect that could not possibly improve anything. I'd like to meet them

Why so negative?

If a person is exactly where they want to be in life what makes your concept of improvement any better an idea than their present state of content and subsequent rejection of your need for change?

Last edited:
Why so negative?

If a person is exactly where they want to be in life what makes your "good ideas" about improving of any more value than their present state of content and rejection of your need for change?

If I have to pay attention to your adverbs, you at least have to read and comprehend my post.

LOL. Everyone is free to reject, ignore, or twist anything I type.

And anyone can be very happy, very content with where they are at and still believe that there are some things that could be better.

I don't recall stating that my ideas have any more value than anyone else's. I do however, know what works for me and what I believe.

You are free to believe that being content means you don't want to improve. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I'm positive I'm not:) I think.

My approach to most things (and people) has always been cautious, curious, and allowing the first time benefit of doubt. Since getting our two puppies and watching episode upon episode of Cesar Millan (The Dog Whisperer), my attitude has become more assertive and less likely than ever before to eat big bags of bird doo doo from asinine customers and peers alike. I have a very positive and empowered and forgiving attitude. Some folks call it cranky. I say I'm calling their bs, politely.

Not as easy as it sounds and still maintain a faithful Christian journey.

And anyone can be very happy, very content with where they are at and still believe that there are some things that could be better.

This is exactly the place of scarcity from which you began: with improvement as the ALWAYS overlooked or un-enacted option.

Some people are so busy pursuing happiness they never notice when they've passed it by.

I don't believe you should be pursuing happiness.

I believe you should be happy in your journey. If you aren't, you're on the wrong road.

I also believe its an amazing skill to find negative in just about everything. Seems like a lot of wasted energy to me.