Batteries in wireless mics

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
WOAH!!! Is that you Steve, or just one of your staffers posting on your behalf? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hired Mix while I am out of the country ...

Reactions: ittigger
Maybe I can be intelligent when I return tomorrow night.

Maybe I can be intelligent when I return tomorrow night.
No... stick with having a substitute![emoji2] Maybe you can recruit that know-it-all dude (what's his name) who thinks everyone ELSE has a big ego?[emoji2]

Oops... Did I take this thread in a weird direction again? [emoji2] DARN!!! [emoji2]

Someone did a test with mics similar to mine 5 years ago

Here is the link

Seems the eneloops performed fairly well.

Just got mine today.

I've been using rechargeable batteries for a while now. They work ok. If these things work as promised, it will make it even better.

Reactions: Ron
I buy the generic brand at Lowe's. You can get a whole brick for a low cost and I don't care that they only last 4-5 hours because that's all I need out of them anyway. Peace of mind and I always have spares.
Good point, Nick. I replace mine long before they are completely drained, and I throw them away. Maybe buying the more expensive brands is not the smartest thing to do?[emoji1]

Reactions: NickC
Good point, Nick. I replace mine long before they are completely drained, and I throw them away. Maybe buying the more expensive brands is not the smartest thing to do?[emoji1]

I look at it like this: I'm getting paid very well to do the event (or I wouldn't be doing it :monwink:). I can absorb the cost of a few new batteries and the cost of a few new songs for each and every one of them. As an engineer, I spend my days calculating amp-hour use, capacities, and the like. I don't want to screw with it on the weekends when my job is to play music that is great, eat free food, and drink free beer. :headbang:

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Did you have to hire his partner as well?
I got a good deal .. didn't cost me much anything and I'm told I'm getting some pictures to boot!

Good point, Nick. I replace mine long before they are completely drained, and I throw them away. Maybe buying the more expensive brands is not the smartest thing to do?

I don't disagree - just make sure that you're getting the best benefit cost wise. If a pair of AA's cost $3.00 and last 5 hours but another pair costs $4.00 but lasts 10 hours, what is more value in the long run. Typically, battery composition won't really matter here but IMO, the value is in knowing how they both react under similar loads.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
... but IMO, the value is in knowing how they both react under similar loads.
They react exactly the same when you throw them in the trash after a gig.[emoji1] They just sit there crying, and asking; "Why did you throw us in the trash when we're not even dead yet?" I say buy the cheap ones!

Last edited: