Batteries in wireless mics

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
They react exactly the same when you throw them in the trash after a gig. They just sit there crying, and asking; "Why did you throw us in the trash when we're not even dead yet?" I say buy the cheap ones!

And you are free to do that. I shall continue to use the copper tops.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I realize Wireless Mics are particularly demanding battery-wise due to the constant need to transmit a signal. It's not the same but when I had a battery operated FM transmitter I used the Amazon Basics AA batteries they lasted quite a bit longer than the 4/$1 Sunbeam batteries you find at discount stores.

Personally, I don't use rechargeables. I use Energizers. The situation is they often have events where they're using 10 mics, or 20 batteries. These aren't profit-making events, they are govt meetings. The lady in charge of the sound system keeps getting hassled by her boss because she's having to keep buying AA batteries. I'm just trying to help her find a solution.

Tell her to buy them in bulk from Amazon, Costco, etc. and not put them to 'tender' only to award the AA battery supply contract to some government crony getting paid $20 per battery!

..ugh what? If you can't tell that I am using humor in this instance, then please feel free to lighten up a little.
If it were not so common to lust after food and beer/alcohol as compensation for this craft and so equally lauded as acceptable, lightening up would be more common.

Are you new here? :) We at least made it to page 3 before derailing.

Reactions: ittigger
Sure... What would you like to say about batteries (YAWN)???:laugh:
Lets see, I need to replace all my rechargables, as they are no longer worth a damn, I need to get a new battery pack for my MagCharger ( and the LED upgrade head ) , Ok, I now bored talking about batteries.

Lets see, I need to replace all my rechargables, as they are no longer worth a damn, I need to get a new battery pack for my MagCharger ( and the LED upgrade head ) , Ok, I now bored talking about batteries.
OK... then back to the derailed thread.[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger