Batteries in wireless mics

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Lets see, I need to replace all my rechargables, as they are no longer worth a damn, I need to get a new battery pack for my MagCharger ( and the LED upgrade head ) , Ok, I now bored talking about batteries.
Costco has some of the best alkaline battery pricing (both their house brand and Duracell when they're on sale) or look for bulk Duracell Procells on eBay .. about the same price, and assuming you're getting them from a reputable seller, they last longer in wireless mics.

For the Magcharger, try this: Maglite 6 Volt NiMH Battery Pack for Mag Charger - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com ... the LED is much brighter, but WAYYY expensive http://www.amazon.com/Terralux-TLE-...qid=1454632478&sr=1-2&keywords=magcharger+led

You can get a whole new unit for less than the battery and the LED unit, though that separate unit is brighter ... Maglite RL1019 LED Rechargeable Flashlight System with 120V Converter & 12V DC Auto Adapter, Black - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com

Costco has some of the best alkaline battery pricing (both their house brand and Duracell when they're on sale) or look for bulk Duracell Procells on eBay .. about the same price, and assuming you're getting them from a reputable seller, they last longer in wireless mics.

For the Magcharger, try this: Maglite 6 Volt NiMH Battery Pack for Mag Charger - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com ... the LED is much brighter, but WAYYY expensive Terralux TLE-310MR-EX LED Flashlight Conversion Kit For Rechargeable MagLite® - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com

You can get a whole new unit for less than the battery and the LED unit, though that separate unit is brighter ... Maglite RL1019 LED Rechargeable Flashlight System with 120V Converter & 12V DC Auto Adapter, Black - Basic Handheld Flashlights - Amazon.com
I was going to get the Terralux LED head unit, I bought one for my Stinger , best $37 Ive spent

I did think about just getting a new unit, but depending on all the variables involved with shopping, the price difference may not be that much different vs buying a new unit. Also, this isnt something that I am in rush to do, its something that I would like to do, ive had that Magcharger since the very early 2000's , it would just be nice to have it working again.

We no longer shop at Costco , so I am not able to get batteries from there, but in reality, I am not to concerned about it, as I dont have many gigs to use the mics needing the batteries lol .

I was going to get the Terralux LED head unit, I bought one for my Stinger , best $37 Ive spent

I did think about just getting a new unit, but depending on all the variables involved with shopping, the price difference may not be that much different vs buying a new unit. Also, this isnt something that I am in rush to do, its something that I would like to do, ive had that Magcharger since the very early 2000's , it would just be nice to have it working again.

We no longer shop at Costco , so I am not able to get batteries from there, but in reality, I am not to concerned about it, as I dont have many gigs to use the mics needing the batteries lol .
Since going with the DL123 battery fed lights, I haven't used my D-cell Maglite in ages. I have a few of the small, tactical lights both in battery and rechargeable formats. My faves are the Fenix above and my older Surefire L2.

I also had a Streamlight Stinger .. gave it to my parents years ago.

When we did shop at Costco, I bought a three pack LED flashlight they had , think they are rated at 300 lumens , decent little lights, I use rechargable AAA 's for them. I would like to get maybe a Streamlight Strion that is rechargable , little small than the Stinger, and little bit bigger then ones from Costco. Really, getting the Maglite working again is just nostalgia more than anything.

These aren't profit-making events, they are govt meetings. The lady in charge of the sound system keeps getting hassled by her boss because she's having to keep buying AA batteries. I'm just trying to help her find a solution.

I used to go the Dollar Store and buy 9v batteries, and get two in a pack for a buck!
I never trusted them enough to use them more than once or twice...
and at 50-cents a piece, I was okay with it.
They also sold AA's in a four-pack for a dollar.

I think many of us male DJ's were drawn to this business at young age with promises of free beer and women

Well, I don't drink, and I started as a serious DJ after I got married.
So, for ME...
it was all about being the center of attention.
That's why I prefer weddings.
Dances and Holiday Parties don't have enough personal interaction with guests.

Been using the eneloops now for a few months. They really work well.

They hold a charge for much longer. They usually last in my sennheisser for about 3 events. And the batteries don't seem to lose much of a charge sitting idle either. I charged them up about 3 months ago, and just put the last pair in my mic before my wedding on Saturday.
I bought 12 of them, mostly used for 1 mic, but I did a few events with a second wireless and one with 2 wireless speakers, so I had 3 going that night.

The older rechargeable ones I used would need to be charged before every event as they didn't hold a lot staying idle.

Reactions: DJ TJ
Are the Eneloops NiCd or Ni-Mh? I've noticed they have finally put out Li-polymer AAs, though they are really expensive .. Amazon.com : Bleiou 4pcs 1.5v 2800mWh Li-polymer lithium rechargeable AA battery + 4 slots smart Charger with LED flashlight fuction : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Apparently they are actually 3.7v but there is a circuit in them that halves the voltage.
More info here:

Do Rechargeable Lithium-Ion AA Batteries Exist? - MetaEfficient

Ramble: 1.5-volt lithium polymer AA battery? What sorcery is this?

I still have lots of Ni-mh AA's that are in good shape but will probably transition to these eventually once they become more widely accepted and there are more buying choices.

I buy Duracell ProCell batteries by the brick when I run low (or occasionally regular Copper Tops if they are on sale at Costco) .. They have lasted multiple events and I don't have to worry whether I recharged them or not .. :)

Someone decided to resurrect this thread. I haven't seen it in a long time. Myself since I now have a dual cordless mic setup I simply use just 2 9v batteries and not the cheap ones from a dollar store. I make sure every time I go to use the mics I change the batteries. I do so because of what I learned. You don't want to have to change a battery in middle of someone using the mic. That's happened before with me thinking I'm saving money. The batteries don't cost 5k or anything like that so I just keep spares around just in case. Also like I said before when you charge enough for your service, your least of worries should be weather you should use rechargeable batteries or not.