bluetooth transmitting mixers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
with the purchase of the American Audio Bluetooth speakers I am search for a small audio mixer the has the ability to transmit a bluetooth signal has anyone researched this

Keep in mind, BT is for close range communications (and is non secure). That said, I don't think there is a mixer that transmits audio via BT connections. There are mixers with on board BT receivers .. but I don't see any with BT transmitters.

Keep in mind, BT is for close range communications (and is non secure). That said, I don't think there is a mixer that transmits audio via BT connections. There are mixers with on board BT receivers .. but I don't see any with BT transmitters.
yes I understand what I am trying to accomplish

I have the Numark CD MIx Bluetooth, however, it only receives a BT signal. How awesome would it be if it had the ability to transmit to BT speakers.

Wireless ability would be so much cheaper for us when this ability is available.

I have this one...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00713RSE0/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_oiD6vb33WDSK7

It works fine. I have Alto TS112W speakers with built in Bluetooth, but don't think I'd ever use the Bluetooth capability at a gig. I've tried it at home and it works fine... even sounds good to me, but I know it's doing a lot of compression, beyond what's already been compressed in the MP3's.
I thought it might be a possibility to hook it up to one of my extra outputs to allow a photographer or someone to record the sound from the event wirelessly. That way I don't have someone else's crap plugged into my system[emoji4].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ittigger
I have the Numark CD MIx Bluetooth, however, it only receives a BT signal. How awesome would it be if it had the ability to transmit to BT speakers.

Wireless ability would be so much cheaper for us when this ability is available.

The wireless limit of BT is about 33 feet (and that's with a good connection). You're most likely running a power cable to the speakers, how much more work is a reliable / dependable signal cable? In addition to transmit / receive issues, you may also have to worry about signal compression issues.

my thoughts were ceremonies only
I think if you're not amplifying the sound too much, most people would not know it was wireless. At home... I didn't have any blips, noises, or cutouts. I'd be worried about interference at some location where I had not tried it out in advance.

....this is so far from anything I'm even remotely interested in....

Sent from my mobile device.

I like technology (wireless and BT included) .. but I have no interest in delivering an unreliable, limited capability technology to an active speaker (which needs cords anyways).

Are there scenarios where it might be beneficial - I'm sure.

The wireless limit of BT is about 33 feet (and that's with a good connection). You're most likely running a power cable to the speakers, how much more work is a reliable / dependable signal cable? In addition to transmit / receive issues, you may also have to worry about signal compression issues.
There are circumstances where there's an electrical outlet near the speaker location, but they put you in an area where people would be walking over (and on) your cords. Wireless would be a good option for that situation, I just don't think Bluetooth is the best wireless solution; the cheapest, but not the best.
I only bought the Bluetooth speakers because they were on sale for the same price as the model without Bluetooth, but still had the same wired capabilities. It is nice to set them up in my back yard by the pool and play music on my tablet to them[emoji4]. Nice for me; maybe not so much for my neighbors (LOL).

You won't have to run a power cable if you are using a Battery Powered Speaker for the music that is Blue Tooth Capable!

American Audio ELS-GO 8BT 8" Rechargeable Battery Powered Speaker w/Bluetooth | IDJNOW

$199...My bro bought one of these at the DJ Expo for $170. ...You can get it 15% off right now for their Labor Day Sale.

Wait another 3 to 5 years, and most of the manufacturers will have battery operated loud speakers with great mixer sections, and all sorts of capabilities. I was told that American Audio will have a whole line of Battery powered speakers coming out.

What's great is they use a Marine Battery in these speakers which you can buy at wal mart for like $30. You don't have to special order it.

You won't have to run a power cable if you are using a Battery Powered Speaker for the music that is Blue Tooth Capable!

American Audio ELS-GO 8BT 8" Rechargeable Battery Powered Speaker w/Bluetooth | IDJNOW

$199...My bro bought one of these at the DJ Expo for $170. ...You can get it 15% off right now for their Labor Day Sale.
I just ordered them $179 each with free shipping at that price if they don't work for my intended purpose at least I have a decent battery powered speaker regardless of how well the blue tooth works plus it should be awesome for tailgating at Packer games

I heard it at the DJ Expo. I believe it's "Good enough" for ceremonies and cocktail hour. It doesn't have as nice a sound as my Altos, and it certainly isn't going to get as loud or have that bass note. BUT, it's enough volume for a ceremony, or cocktail hour for sure! Also, back yard parties, no problem.

I would even use two of them for SMALL parties in small rooms. I actually think the sound is better quality than the basic ELS 15" that sells for $169.

I think I am going to buy one this weekend. I have a wedding on October 10th where I need a single satellite speaker in a library for cocktail hour which is two rooms away from my set up ...With the labor day sale, and it's cost being low enough, I might as well pick this up!

Here's another one I just found!

Samson Expedition XP106w | IDJNOW

This one only has a 6" woofer. However, it comes with a 2.4 GHZ Wireless Microphone that plugs in via USB to the back of the speaker. Same price point as the American Audio speaker at $199. It does have a 20 hour batter though. That's cool!

I like the fact that the American Audio unit uses a standard motorcycle battery that was the biggest selling point for me over any other brand