bluetooth transmitting mixers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Actually, it would be better at a Patriots game.

Reactions: ittigger
Just remember :D :D :D :D :D

Reactions: steve149
At 33' maximum transmittable distance, you're not that far from power. A 50' power cord is alot cheaper than 199.
Beach ceremonies, large back yards, I encounter a lot of situations where it will be wonderful to have a battery powered option, it's not so much fot the bluetooth feature as it is for the battery powered, I can my Ipad and run a wire for signal still no need for power, for that matter it will play directly froma USB stick or SD card

I have transmitted a Blue Tooth signal from my phone to my CD Mix station from at least 50 feet outside before. There is also a video showing a blue tooth signal being picked up by the Alto Blue Tooth speaker from a phone in a parking lot direct line of sight about 120 feet away.

I am going to buy this speaker this weekend. I have a gig on October 10th where I plan to just set up the speaker and play a playlist for cocktail hour off of my phone, or perhaps a tablet if I buy one by then. Leave the tablet on top of the speaker with a Blue tooth connection. It will be in the Library of DAR constitution hall which is two rooms away from my out door set up for reception. It's a tough load in location, which already has two flights of concrete stairs outside so I have to carry everything in by hand, and I really don't want to bring in my 4 foot folding table/scrim, set up a mixer/laptop and a speaker on a stand in that room.

A battery powered speaker on a stand with a tablet or phone running a playlist and no wires will just make that gig so much easier for me, and the sound carries. I believe that 8 inch speaker will provide just enough sound for cocktail hour there.

I have transmitted a Blue Tooth signal from my phone to my CD Mix station from at least 50 feet outside before. There is also a video showing a blue tooth signal being picked up by the Alto Blue Tooth speaker from a phone in a parking lot direct line of sight about 120 feet away.

I am going to buy this speaker this weekend. I have a gig on October 10th where I plan to just set up the speaker and play a playlist for cocktail hour off of my phone, or perhaps a tablet if I buy one by then. Leave the tablet on top of the speaker with a Blue tooth connection. It will be in the Library of DAR constitution hall which is two rooms away from my out door set up for reception. It's a tough load in location, which already has two flights of concrete stairs outside so I have to carry everything in by hand, and I really don't want to bring in my 4 foot folding table/scrim, set up a mixer/laptop and a speaker on a stand in that room.

A battery powered speaker on a stand with a tablet or phone running a playlist and no wires will just make that gig so much easier for me, and the sound carries. I believe that 8 inch speaker will provide just enough sound for cocktail hour there.

I don't disagree .. however the technology is for close range comms. BT is also not secure. There will always be scenarios where something WILL work. Will it work in your scenario? Maybe, maybe not. It is impossible to cram everything you all want to use wirelessly within a small spectrum and still have it function the way you want it to.

I will be getting the 15 inch version in December.

I looked really hard at the 15 inch version. I just don't think it's needed for what I want this speaker to do. Very seldom am I doing larger weddings these days, and I think a 8 inch speaker can handle most cocktail hours, and ceremonies. It will also be easy to carry in on those venues where I need to carry stuff in.

I wouldn't use these speakers as my mains as the sound quality just isn't to my liking for mains...the AA ELS lines are a lower level line up. Also, the 15 inch model would lack the portability that I really want with a speaker like this.

Bit if a more fuller sound is important to you, then go with the 15 inch version. That's really the only difference...that and the fact you will be lugging around a bigger, heavier speaker.

I really wish they made a 10 inch version...I am sure they will come out with one in the next 18 months. A 10 inch would probably have just the right music note sonically that I want with this set up, and still be very portable and light weight.

I bought the ELS GO 8BT, and a Chauvet CHS-25 light bag that I need. ...Total price was $202 and some change after the 12% discount code. ...Not bad at all! I was $10 or so shy of getting the 15% discount, but I just couldn't figure out anything else I need that I could order from them. I think I am really done with buying DJ equipment and lights for a long time to come. Next item I buy will be a new laptop.

Reactions: Scott Hanna
The American Audio ELS GO8BT came in today!

Some specs about it:

It is 100 watts RMS/250 Peak.
Sensitivity: 110 DB

I will say this, it get's LOUD for a 8 inch speaker. I set it up in my yard and had no problem hearing it 200 feet away on the other side of the road. I also meadured the blue tooth capability. It has a strong clear signal direct line of sight for about 90 feet. After 90 feet the signal drops in and out, and by the time I get to over 100 feet, that signal is gone.

The connections are all solid, and this speaker only weighs 25 lbs. Perfect for ceremonies and cocktail hours! I'm excited to start using this! The flash drive also works great! This speaker also came with a remote! The remote is PERFECT for getting the right volume that you want out of it. Set the gain, and you have 32 different volume steps from 1 to 32. Oh yeah, I ordered these on Labor Day, Monday, and they came in today. Fast shipping!

American audio elsgo8bt.jpg
elsgo8bt flash drive.jpg

Just be careful with Bluetooth .. it may work one day at 90 feet and the next it won't lock in securely at 9 feet. Lots of things share that 2.4GHz space.