calling the experts for a little song help

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I have an upcoming wedding, where the bride will be dancing with the mothers boyfriend of many years instead of the traditional father /daughter dance, her own dad is not in the picture and not invited, she asked me to think of some appropriate slow song to choose from, anyone have any ideas???

My Wish by Rascal Flatts or something fun like a rock the reception if they are in to that

Reactions: ittigger
Wow. Just wow. It tears my heart out when I hear of situations where the bio-dad is not, and has not been a part of the Bride's life, to the point he doesn't even get invited to be a part of the special day. As a father, I can't even begin to imagine being in that situation.

Just curious, but maybe even more important than the song choice, how are you going to announce this?

Last edited:
did a second wedding several years ago - the bride had a 14 year old daughter that couldn't attend. So she sent a taped message to be played.

Seems the bride's mother got the pre-teen daughter of the bride hooked on drugs so the daughter was in an out of state drug rehab for the wedding and MOB was in attendance and told in no uncertain terms to be on her best behavior..or else.

Wow. Just wow. It tears my heart out when I hear of situations where the bio-dad is not, and has not been a part of the Bride's life, to the point he doesn't even get invited to be a part of the special day. As a father, I can't even begin to imagine being in that situation.

Makes me think of the new Kelly Clarkson hit song (simply tragic - the hurt in her demeanor herein is simply heart wrenching). Just to be clear, I would "NOT" recommend this song for the event in question (unless of course the Bride wants to make a statement but I certainly wouldn't table this one unless it was a very pointed request):
:cry:

Last edited:
Look for songs with the word "FRIEND" (as in James Taylor / You've Got A Friend)

PS
I used this once, and it KILLED (in an "everyone was crying" kind of way)

He Didn't Have to Be by Brad Paisley

GREAT SUGGESTION!

Reactions: ittigger and DJ TJ