Chauvet Cyborg Light -What is a good price to sell at?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I am about to put my old Chauvet Cyborg Light on Ebay to see if it sells.

It is in pretty good condition. Used at maybe 50 gigs since 2007 or so. It has sat in storage inside of a duffle bag for the last 3-4 years. Realistically, what do you believe is a fair price to ask for it? I will probably have the customer pay for shipping as well.

Here is the light in question. Originally, the light sold for $109.99 brand new...Then went to $99.99 before it was discontinued.

musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/chauvet-ch258-cyborg-lighting-effect

Based on sales prices on eBay, you're looking at $30-$65 for those sold ... and $25 for one that didn't sell, so I guess it depends heavily on who's looking. My guess would be $40 plus shipping.

Does ebay show you that info when listing it? I guess I will list at 50.00+shipping, and accept offers. Maybe someone offers $35 - $40 and I would accept. If sells for over 35% what I paid for it, then it's worth it to me. ...For only $25 it's almost not worth the hassle of selling and taking time to ship.

Does ebay show you that info when listing it? I guess I will list at 50.00+shipping, and accept offers. Maybe someone offers $35 - $40 and I would accept. If sells for over 35% what I paid for it, then it's worth it to me. ...For only $25 it's almost not worth the hassle of selling and taking time to ship.
EBay doesn't show it when listing, you need to do a search and select the "completed" or "sold" filters. Personally, I would list it at $35 with a Buy It Now at $50.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I was always a fan of the Cyborg. I never owned one but I used them a few times at bar gigs and as a rental. The main reason I didn't buy one is they get insanely hot very quick. If you could get $35-40 for it you would be doing good

I was always a fan of the Cyborg. I never owned one but I used them a few times at bar gigs and as a rental. The main reason I didn't buy one is they get insanely hot very quick. If you could get $35-40 for it you would be doing good

Got it out of storage when I loaded my equipment back into storage today. The Duffle Bag I have it in looks almost brand new, LOL.

I used this light tonight n my basement, and I hadn't used it in 3 years. I noticed one of the bulbs were dangling around in it, so I opened it up, and sure enough one of the bulbs is dead.

Even with just 1 300 watt bulb in it, the effect is pretty bright still. You are right they do get INSANELY HOT.

I wish they made a LED version of this light. Keep all the colored glass on the outside, and put 2 white 30 watt LEDs inside of it spinning around. The motor is real strong on this light.

I dunno...now that a bulb is out, I may just order a bulb and keep the light. I always liked this effect.

One problem is, it's a bit bulky. Not real heavy @ 11 lbs, but just a bulky light to hang from a light stand, and it needs to be hung and pointing downward @ an angle. I tried speaker stand mounting it in the past, and the direction the light goes just doesn't look as good.

This light does have HUGE dance floor area coverage. In a big enough room and the light will spread the entire ballroom.

Reactions: ittigger
Even with just 1 300 watt bulb in it, the effect is pretty bright still. You are right they do get INSANELY HOT.

I never quite figured out why. I have Mushrooms with 2X300W bulbs and they don't get near as hot as the Cyborg. I made the mistake of grabbing it to take it down one night just after I turned it off and would up with a dandy blister..Never made that mistake again lol

Now you're making me want to find some old videos of my Cyborg in use! I think I sold mine for $35 to a family friend a few years back.