Compact Portable PA System

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Steve149...are covers from RCF as well? Curious as to their durability/fabrication? My RCF covers were very "plush" on the inside (padded velvet), but that was back in 1969.

Covers are the RCF factory ones for the unit .. holds the sub, top, poles and cables. Got it hooked up, but the room is too small .. everything sounds out of sync .. way too much bass .. plus I can't spread them far enough to get rid of the lobing (since the horizontal dispersion is wide). Need to set it up in the garage and stand outside to gauge actual performance. Maybe on Friday . need to be in Boston tomorrow.

Reactions: TwinSpinDJ
Covers are the RCF factory ones for the unit .. holds the sub, top, poles and cables. Got it hooked up, but the room is too small .. everything sounds out of sync .. way too much bass .. plus I can't spread them far enough to get rid of the lobing (since the horizontal dispersion is wide). Need to set it up in the garage and stand outside to gauge actual performance. Maybe on Friday . need to be in Boston tomorrow.

Darn...I bet you were a bit miffed at not being able to really test them out (small space). Look forward to your secondary test. Another storm is headed up the coast...ugh!

Darn...I bet you were a bit miffed at not being able to really test them out (small space). Look forward to your secondary test. Another storm is headed up the coast...ugh!

Maybe by spring then .. :)

Reactions: ittigger
I personally got to hear it at NJDJN meeting this month and it blew me away. I was surely amazed at how it sounded. Oh my bad. It's RCF! I'll say it again. The sound for its size was through the roof.

Cap all I can say is it will give Bose a serious run for its money. I highly recommend it and well worth a consideration!

Reactions: TwinSpinDJ

Did you ever get to test them out? I'm looking at these too.

I was away in Vegas for over a week and in meetings since back. I am REALLY hoping to set things up this weekend ... forecast looks good for a change.

Reactions: ittigger
It's 25 here right now. I did say next week.

:D
the mid 30s-40s is our next week forecast ... right now it's 25 .. going down to 10 tonight. Sunny, though.

We've been having some very nice weather down here.

WEATHER_zpsntlydsov.png

Would a pair of Bose L1 Compacts be enough to handle a wedding of 200-300 guests?
Doubtful. I think you'd need a L1 1S at minimum. Certainly a lot depends on working volume and area to be covered, but with a working SPL of around 106db, it falls considerable short of other options in the price range.

Even Bose lists it for audiences up to 100, though I would guess it could handle a larger group sitting tighter (ceremony).

Ok the Bose website says the L1 1S is for audiences of 300 and the L2 is for audiences of 500. The picture shows only one array. Are they saying you only have to have 1 of those for 300 or 500 people?

They don't say, but from a coverage perspective, I would think 2, though I have seen setup from folks here using 1. 300-500 people is a LOT of people and I doubt any single speaker would work well. At the higher ends, I suspect 2 in front and probably some smaller fill speakers at the sides or in the rear will become necessary at some point.

Reactions: Mack Entertainment
Reactions: DJ SVO