DC and Baltimore Metro areas...worst traffic in the country

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
.. most good all-season tires and AWD will handle most things we get here...
AWD is great!... Even FWD is better than rear wheel drive when you're dealing with snow. I drove an Audi LS 100 back in the early 70's and living in Ohio before FWD was popular, and I could navigate hilly terrain much better than RWD cars. I've owned 4 Subaru's (AWD) and 6 vehicles with 4WD. Right now my wife's SUV is AWD and my Jeep is 4WD. We can get where we need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna not use my trailer for this one and load everything into my 4 wheel drive truck to try and make the commute safer. Gonna be a TIGHT squeeze though lol. Just finished getting the speakers loaded. An entire ETX system ( 2 single ETX 18's and 2 3 Way ETX tops ) in my Chevrolet Avalanche. If my truck was a centimeter shorter those subs wouldnt have fit. Just barely got the tops in. I got it in there though! haha

I'm gonna not use my trailer for this one and load everything into my 4 wheel drive truck to try and make the commute safer. Gonna be a TIGHT squeeze though lol. Just finished getting the speakers loaded. An entire ETX system ( 2 single ETX 18's and 2 3 Way ETX tops ) in my Chevrolet Avalanche. If my truck was a centimeter shorter those subs wouldnt have fit. Just barely got the tops in. I got it in there though! haha
At least they won't slide around.

Update : Well despite the venue originally saying the couple would still have to pay for everything even if they cancelled due to weather they have come around. Once there was over a foot of snow this morning and I'm assuming the hotel couldn't even get their employees to work they allowed the wedding to be rescheduled. Luckily I do not have to try to drive in this now. We have about 14-16 inches and still snowing here. We'll see where we end up!

I can't open my front door or my back door to the house. We are locked in by snow drifts.

I have been inside all day. Mostly watching TV and drinking beer, and wine. A little more than half way through a 1.5L bottle of Barefoot Riesling right now, and I'm the only one drinking. ...Starting to feel hot...I should probably stop drinking. ...Gotta climb out of a window and start digging out tomorrow morning. Tomorrow will be a dig out day for everybody.

I can get in and out of my house and have dug out enough to get to the street. The cars and driveway were completely clear at 1am yesterday. After going outside this morning and it looked like I had not done a thing, I was not going to go through all that today with it still snowing. I will be dug out tomorrow too - and if I need to get out between now and then, I'm pretty sure I can get out.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Bobcat
The Mayor of D.C. has put out a request for volunteer snow shovelers because the city can't respond to the demand... Once you guys get dug out, you can go help dig out our nation's Capitol![emoji3]
I was gonna fly up there and volunteer, but sadly... NO flights can get there! [emoji2]

Last edited:
The Mayor of D.C. has put out a request for volunteer snow shovelers because the city can't respond to the demand... Once you guys get dug out, you can go help dig out our nation's Capitol![emoji3]
I was gonna fly up there and volunteer, but sadly... NO flights can get there! [emoji2]

New York just did the same i saw on the news. Mayor is offering $13.50 / hour to anyone willing to help dig out cars on the streets

I'm in Bel Air MD - 'bout 15 miles north of Baltimore. Jonas gave us 29.8 inches. It was so beautiful last night with the snow drifts, but a real PIA today.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0788.JPG
    IMG_0788.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0790.JPG
    IMG_0790.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 8
Traverse Buried.jpg

My Traverse is buried behind a big snow drift in the front. Then the alley has over 2 feet of straight snow that won't be plowed. They never plow it. I gotta shovel enough out to the road (About 40 feet) so I can get it out tomorrow.

I shovled the side walks on front of house, and did the wife's car. Took about 3+ hours in total. She is worried she will have to go into work tomorrow. I am pretty certain her boss will tell everyone company is closed for the day due to the lot not being plowed yet. They did close for a day when the 2010 Blizzard happened.

View attachment 29601

My Traverse is buried behind a big snow drift in the front. Then the alley has over 2 feet of straight snow that won't be plowed. They never plow it. I gotta shovel enough out to the road (About 40 feet) so I can get it out tomorrow.

I shovled the side walks on front of house, and did the wife's car. Took about 3+ hours in total. She is worried she will have to go into work tomorrow. I am pretty certain her boss will tell everyone company is closed for the day due to the lot not being plowed yet. They did close for a day when the 2010 Blizzard happened.
OK... and when you're all done digging out your cars and the alley, head to NYC and help out ole Mayor Blahblahzio![emoji2]

Reactions: ittigger
OK... and when you're all done digging out your cars and the alley, head to NYC and help out ole Mayor Blahblahzio![emoji2]

A nice young man...maybe about 23 years old or so pulled up in a Dodge Ram 2500 and said he was waiting for his brother to walk up from the court to pick him up, so while waiting he took his shovel and helped me out getting my wife's car out. That was nice of him. I tried giving him money and he wouldn't take it.

I shoveled a little bit .. then got in, pressed the magical 4WD button, and she climbed right on out. Went to Sheetz and got some coffee. :D

I did try to help the neighbors - knocked down the crusty snow from the plows and made it a little easier for them to get out.