Deal killers

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
The person you are speaking of is a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)

PITA is an acronym for Pain In The Ass.

It's also a delivery method for Mexican food, but that's not usually a subject on this site.
Actually Pita is a delivery for Arabic meals (I believe it came from Syria) .. and we should discuss Mexican food .. love me them Fajitas.

Every time I see "Gallagher" ... I think:

224gallagher_0.jpg

I have younger kids so I wouldn't work Christmas day but other than that any day is open

Thanks for reminding me yea, certain days are off limits, my son's birthday, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and New Years Eve. I know I pass up some good money for the last one; but prefer to avoid the mass quantity of DD's on the road and just spend the time with family.

Thanks for reminding me yea, certain days are off limits, my son's birthday, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and New Years Eve. I know I pass up some good money for the last one; but prefer to avoid the mass quantity of DD's on the road and just spend the time with family.

I always wondered what it would be like to actually go out on a NYE lol. I've played every one since I was 13.....33 years in a row now. We actually celebrate the new year on Jan 1 with the kids.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I didn't know such a thing existed...

Really the only reason I'll turn down a gig is if they are going to be a PITA. I've never had anyone ask for all rap or all metal. I'm pretty familiar, although no expert, in both genres so I would entertain a discussion about it. I've done all country on several occasions

As I get older I don't like a hard load in but in those cases I charge considerably more so I can pay someone else to help and it's worth my while. I don't negotiate this price it's a take it or leave it

I live in a much less urban area that alot of you so travel is pretty common. It's not unusual to go 50+ miles for a gig. My longest last year was 200 miles or so from home. I charge a premium when I have to travel

I would entertain the idea of their playlist but depending I may turn it down

I have younger kids so I wouldn't work Christmas day but other than that any day is open
Amazon.com: Titan 6' Briefcase Fold Utility Loading Ramp for Wheelchairs Scooters Mobility: Industrial & Scientific

Reactions: Jeff Romard
If I can chime in, I'd add some caution on that Titan 6'. The angle is a bit steep. A 7' will work better. Next, I busted my backside on one like that. I'd highly recommend a unit that has an abrasive surface on it. Here's something like what I use:

pvi-hdfold.jpg
You are correct sir, I just did a quick google search for and example, length really depends on what the load height of your gig vehicle is

Agreed, I have a four year old, and since I started working up tell a few years ago, I always got stuck working on holidays, then, wasnt a big deal, but now, if I can be home for certain holidays, you bet ya I am going to stay home. I also have no desire for the most part to either work or be out for NYE.

I will add stairs to my list , and outdoors is a big maybe, but not chance during the months of mid May-Sept

We don't do steps. period. If it's not accessible for rolling boxes we don't go. I'm not bumping 20 speakers up/down steps on handcarts, nor are we lifting our road cases (2 amp racks, a dozen lighting boxes, cord boxes, power distro, crank up stands (4 on a rack)....

Otherwise, power availability can be an issue (usually just requires a little planning...occasionally a gen rental on their part--usually not a deal breaker).

There are some types of events we might turn down due to the desired style, but haven't had that occasion to date. We don't promote ourselves as a forced fun or dance teaching entertainment....if they wanted something over the top in that direction we would pass or subcontract a more appropriate personality for the job.