Denon MC6000 and VDJ7

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jtnichol

KCDJ
Oct 25, 2006
Leavenworth KS
www.jfproductions.biz
Ok.

I have some quirky stuff going on. I'll just start with the one issue that is really annoying me.

How can I just disable the FX knobs? I have one that it auto triggering an effect and touching the button only works momentarily to shut it off and the effect comes back on by itself. It's the filter effect and its killing my mix.

It could be the hardware. I dunno.

I'm thinking of reflashing the firmware or check on a new driver.

Windows 10, VDJ 7 is what I'm running.

Yes I'll get to VDJ8 eventually but I don't like it and I don't have time to play with it just yet because of my 3 jobs and 4 kids.

VDJ 7 has the volume at 0 db (100%) at startup (really stupid, an equipment killer if you're not careful), so I used to edit the skins XML file with an "oninit" command, set to something like 50%. I'd assume you could also edit the same file to disable the FX knobs.

Reactions: jtnichol
mk1 or mk2 unit?

MK1

VDJ 7 has the volume at 0 db (100%) at startup (really stupid, an equipment killer if you're not careful), so I used to edit the skins XML file with an "oninit" command, set to something like 50%. I'd assume you could also edit the same file to disable the FX knobs.

Yes I notice that..>Annnoying damn 100% volume...I always go back to 50. I'll I have to see if I can figure this out.

The workaround I have right now is just to turn that one knob all the way off and it stops triggering.

I've noticed a couple of other buttons don't work as they should. I'm thinking of just getting a new one. The unit has been great to me...maybe re flash the firmware?

I dunno...But I love Denon forever for this unit. Just easy.

I love mine as well. Compact and it works great. Did you try uninstalling the VDJ and reinstalling it? A friend of mine had an issue with his laptop and found out what the issue was. He had to reinstall Serato and the problem was solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtnichol