DJ Expo (Atlantic City) August 15-18

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
OK .. dates just announced .. who's in ?? :)

I can't make the MBLV show this year, so I'll shoot for AC. Depending on whether my wife wants to go or not, I will either do T-W (16-17) or stay 2 nights (M-W or T-TH). If she doesn't come I'll stay at the Taj Mahal (where the conference is). If she comes, I'll probably stay off the boardwalk at Harrah's or the Borgata. I'll know more as we get closer.

I'll keep the thread alive over the next few months and post the discount codes (and hopefully free Expo codes) as they come out.

DJ EXPO

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Hmmm??? It looks like that's about a 23 hour drive for me... I think I'm gonna try to do it this year. I think I could do it in two days without killing myself. Unless something changes, count me in![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to go but it might be a tight squeeze I play on the 13th and the 19th and 20th unless I could get a real good flight deal

I just checked Expedia apparently you can't get there from here ;)

Philly airport is close .. maybe an hour away. Newark about 1:45.

Still not cheap .. it's showing $454 from Halifax to Philly. $566 from Sydney.

The cool thing is that all travel and everything else is a tax write off. I used to fly out there a lot to go, but my money is really tight right now. I was hoping to go but it's not in the cards this year.

@Cap Capello usually goes as well ... if we get a few folks, we'll have an ODJT dinner one of those eves.

This will be only the second time in 20 years that I won't be there... the last one I missed was in 2007. As much as I love Atlantic City (*cough*), I have a wedding on the 12th and another commitment on the 18th. There goes my goal of becoming DJ of the Year. :/

tax write off but as you clearly state, you still gotta have the dough to pay the bill.

I have to wait to see when the family camping trip is with the inlaws...

The cool thing is that all travel and everything else is a tax write off. I used to fly out there a lot to go, but my money is really tight right now. I was hoping to go but it's not in the cards this year.

Still not cheap .. it's showing $454 from Halifax to Philly. $566 from Sydney.

And you're seeing it in US dollars it's almost $900 Canadian from Sydney and just about $800 from Halifax....Then I'd have to double that I'm sure my wife would want to go to Atlantic City too. It's a little pricey for a 4 day vacay. I'll check closer to the date maybe there will be some deals

Reactions: steve149
Hey Jeff. Check rates into Albany International, then take the 4 1/2 hour drive down and back with me. Share a room, do a little dance, get down tonight.

Chuck's not coming to Atlantic City??? Now I'm having second thoughts!!!:nod: The thought of driving SO far and not getting to meet Chuck in person is a real letdown!:nod:

and leave the wife at home, unless she is a part of your business.
When I bring the wife, it's implicit approval to buy stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Jeff. Check rates into Albany International, then take the 4 1/2 hour drive down and back with me. Share a room, do a little dance, get down tonight.

That sounds like a great idea Cap thanks for the offer. It looks to be alot less expensive. I'll look at the prices again as it gets closer

Reactions: Cap Capello
I have been 4 years in a row now. This would be the 5th year if I end up going. ...I was unimpressed with the expo last year.

There is nothing I can see myself purchasing except maybe a new Laptop Stand as the two I have are getting old, but I may end up buying one before August. All I would go for is to see others, and maybe eat a couple of buffets. I dunno...I'm only just over 3 hours away, and that includes a stop at the Woodstown Diner in New Jersey (good, cheap diner food there!). Under 3 hours if I drive straight there.

I won't make a decision until like May...get in on the free expo ticket at least in case I decide to go.