Weddings Ending wedding business due to the new MD same sex marriage law

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
we should be quoiting some of these so called Chinese Proverbs on same sex marriages then we might have sanity in the house!!

You even said have a separate term for gay marriage that holds ALL of the same legal benefits as a heterosexual marriage.

No. I did not. That is your distorted interpretation and a mistaken assumption on your part that the cascade of legal rights and liabilities for gay and heterosexual couples are themselves equal - and they are not. For example, parenthood is a common law inherited right/liability of heterosexual couples. Gay couples not only need to go outside the union to conceive, but at least one party must also legally adopt the offspring. That is a major reason that "marriage" and "gay union" need to have their own legal foundations. It is not "bigotry" to recognize the fundamental flaws of trying to apply non-conforming laws to new social contracts. Any educated and intelligent gay person will tell you that what is needed is new and specific laws to address the exclusive rights of gay couples - not an offensive to redefine the social contracts of heterosexual marriages.

Mental lightweight...really? Do you have to get personal whenever someone disagrees or brings a concept forth that you haven't even considered as being potentially valid? It's often noted that during the course of a discussion/debate/etc, if one has to resort to personal attacks then one has no real ground to base their arguments upon.

You chose to take it personally - and claiming your are offended is not a counter-argument it's an escape. Seems lightweight enough for me. :)

I say what should be done is to put all what I call the fruit loops into rocket ships and send them ito outer space forever. I know that will never happen but I say they are mixed up and crazy to me. With that being said I've never done a gay wedding but certainly would do one if the price was right. Their money spends like anyone else money

Of all the dumb things you've said in the last year and a half here this one takes the cake. Not only dumb but it makes you a complete hypocrite. If you are dead set against gays and want to send them in to space why would you take the money and go against what you believe in?

I call Bulls**t on this guys story. Either he's ready to retire or he can't make it in the bad economy and he needed someone to blame

Reactions: 1 person
I say what should be done is to put all what I call the fruit loops into rocket ships and send them ito outer space forever.

Oh, that's some deep philosophy, there. :rolleyes:

I know that will never happen but I say they are mixed up and crazy to me.

Lots of straight people that are "mixed" up and crazy on this planet. Evidently you've not looked around. :nod:

With that being said I've never done a gay wedding but certainly would do one if the price was right. Their money spends like anyone else money.

First you want to send people off on a rocket ship, but yet you want to take their money. Can't have it both ways.

Like I said I don't agree with the whole gay thing but as long as they don't approach me with that stupid stuff then I'm doing fine.

I would think that there wouldn't be too many gay guys that would want to be around your drama either, so I would imagine the feeling would be quite mutual. :eek:

Mix, you sound like a racist old white guy complaining about blacks. :nod:

Actually, 1 out of every 3 persons is crazy. Look to your left and right - if they're normal, guess y'er on the next ship out.

PS: If no one else is around, y'er automatically it.

Reactions: 3 people
Scott, I am not a Christian -- I just believe in what I believe. I'm a Deist/Atheist. of some sort.

I just know what I like, and don't like.

Everyone is free to believe and like what they want. I think the guy is a fraud by saying that it's his religion that is against it because is violates the "sanctity of marriage", which is why he won't do it. If he just said..."hey, I don't like it so I aint doing it", I might not agree with him, but i can respect his opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I don't see it that way.

I think it's pretty clear that marriage was for procreation. If we look at that logically, two dudes can't make a baby, and two chicks can't make a baby.

So, guys and chicks get together, and make babies.

There's also the companionship factor. I mean, do you want to spend your time with a guy watching TV or whatever, or a chick with some nice hooters...?

Do we have to give you a lesson on procreation? Since when was marriage a requirement to have a baby? Never was, and never will be. Jesus was born out of wedlock, for christ's sake:) (sorry, couldn't resist)

I don't claim to understand why some guys like guys. Heck, I don't understand why women like guys. I just know I didn't choose to like women. I just did. It just makes me believe that guys that like guys didn't choose that, and as long as they ain't harming anyone, they should be entitled to every right I have. It's that simple.

And I believe God believes that as well. If you recall, when jesus was here, he basically said all of the current religious leaders were frauds and not to be believed. I think he'd probably say the same thing today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Actually you did on the previous page ...

No, I did not. He is charging I said they are equal but, only need different names. That is a distortion. I clearly point out that they are not equal - and that gay couples need their own legal path to acquire the same benefits or rights. Different law - different name for that new law.

Most people get hung up on the "man & woman " definition of marriage without looking down the line at the bigger picture. The lack of a shared blood line in gay family structures makes it an entirely different legal entity from marriage and therefore it is stupid to try to change marriage law into something it wasn't written to address. "Marriage" is not about "love" it is a question of Family Law. Family law (of which marriage is a part) is based on blood lines - not government fiat. Think about that - by altering existing marriage law you are replacing the authority your family blood line has over government with the government's authority to tell you who is or is not your family.

Gay couples seeking a legal union ARE different.
For at least one gay partner parental rights can only be acquired by legal fiat (adoption). Secondly, conception will always involve the seed of a third party (sperm or egg donors) which is a contract, again granted by a revocable government fiat. Think about that - a gay partner and a child will only be a family for as long as a government allows it to be one. If that government ceases to exist then so does your claim to a family. !

This is different from the authority we currently cede to government (world wide) regarding marriage and our family, it needs it's own body of law and it's own name to safeguard BOTH gay and heterosexual families. The very topic of this post should be a wake up call to that reality - just what are you willing to let govenrment force you to do? How much social engineering are you willing to accept? At what point do you cross the line between tolerance and obedience?

There is a path to legal gay unions and families. Existing marriage law is not that path.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but i do believe that most gay people are not really that concerned about blood lines. They simply want to be able to have the same benefits a married couple gets. I think most gay people that are really interested in blood lines have kids with the opposite sex AND either hide being gay or simply come out after.

I think the fact that so many people are against gay marriage says,"I don't want the government interfering with the things I believe in, but I think they should totally interfere with things that I don't agree with.

Gay people sharing benefits and rights are not going to change the things me and my wife do or how I feel about women. I can't understand why it bothers people so much. Do they really think that gay people are going to stop being gay? Would they rather have more promiscuous gay people?

The reason our society...and religion to begin with, wants couples to stay together and not out schleping everyone they happen to run into...is because we are better off as a society with families, not a bunch of kids running around without any guidance or having any idea about who their father is or what that means. It also slows down the spread of disease. You see that in some areas today..and look at the poverty it creates.

"Gay Marriage" is not going to hurt that. It's not going to make hetro-sexual people not want to procreate. Gay people have been around for a long time, and yet somehow we have still been able to make babies.

I think society would reap many of the same benefits from gay marriage that it does from hetro-sexual marriage. Less disease spreading, for one.

No, I did not.

Yes, you did ....

J Mac said:

You even said have a separate term for gay marriage ...

You said:

But let's not be STUPID - it needs to have it's own legal name.

That would be a separate term for gay marriage ...

J Mac continued:
... that holds ALL of the same legal benefits as a heterosexual marriage.

You said:
Now, I see no reason a gay couple can't get hitched and be granted the same bundle of legal rights that come with marriage.

Not saying I don't disagree with your comments .. just clearing up the point I said that you claimed wasn't said.

Reactions: 2 people
There's a lighter (or darker side to this story).

Let's say half the planet turns gay. The planet is already overpopulated, and they can't conceive. So they will adopt babies from Nigeria, and Ethiopia -- that means our spam emails get to us faster.

A gay union, is like the ACLU in disguise.

Get a chick, and stop trying to pick up Canute, and his waterless cookware... :cheers:

Get a chick, and stop trying to pick up Canute, and his waterless cookware... :cheers:
Got news fer ya Buddy! This ole poop chute o' mine is one way traffic, ...not even a thermometer of the redhead's finger wanders up in thar! You hyar!! :dancelaugh:

well I found ones from Mix's wedding
so anyone know who he married ?

original gay sex marriage.jpg

Yes, you did ....

J Mac said:

You said:

That would be a separate term for gay marriage ...

J Mac continued:

You said:

Not saying I don't disagree with your comments .. just clearing up the point I said that you claimed wasn't said.

If the purpose of reading were to count the letters than yes, you sir would be idiotically correct.
How proud you must be to stand for something.

If the purpose of reading were to count the letters than yes, you sir would be idiotically correct.
How proud you must be to stand for something.

WTF there Bob .. So I point out you said what you deny .. get over it.

WTF there Bob .. So I point out you said what you deny .. get over it.

Any juvenile can point out matching type and apply their own selective interpretation.
It takes a secure adult to actually read and comprehend a statement.
Just sayin' ..obviously asking too much of you.

Awaiting your next "My dictionary says:..." response.

Any juvenile can point out matching type and apply their own selective interpretation.
It takes a secure adult to actually read and comprehend a statement.
Just sayin' ..obviously asking too much of you.

Awaiting your next "My dictionary says:..." response.

Wow testy, smarmy and self-indulgent ... Sounds like someone really wants to be a lawyer and is trying to practice the fine art of half-truths.

Similar words .. matching words .. whatever .. you said what you said .. I'll leave it to the others to determine in the court of public opinion what's what.