For any of you Investors: Buy Gold like right now!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I just checked the Gold Price. It had been in decline since 2012. Gold went down to as low as $1060 just 3 months ago. It's been on the climb due to economic woes and the coming recession (or at minimum a big market correction).

Here is today's price:

Bid/Ask 1244.80 / 1245.80
Low/High 1231.90 / 1246.10
Change -1.60 -0.13%
30daychg +151.30 +13.84%

Gold has had a 14% jump over 30 days. ...I think Gold is going to move well above $1,500 over the next year. Some analysts are saying it WILL end up hitting $2,000 an ounce beating the all time high it hit in September 2011. Of course that's all speculation and guesses. BUT the fact is that GOLD is the only thing really going up on the market this year so far!

...I wish I had money to invest in Gold right now. I had lost hundreds of dollars in my IRA over the past few months. ...Sure I'm saving money on lower gas prices, but that money I am saving I am losing in the stock market. ...I think I'm losing more money than I am saving on gas at the pump actually :protest::banghead:

Also, for us more poorer folks...Silver is a good buy as well...just less money to be made on weight over time

Feb 12 2016 1:28AM NY Time
Bid/Ask 15.70 15.80
Low/High 15.56 15.83
Change -0.06 -0.38%
30DayChg +1.54 +10.88%

Precious Metals are on the rise RIGHT NOW people. ...Good time to buy low, hold and sell HIGH later this year or next year!

More National Banks in other countries around the world are moving to Negative Interest Rates! Another big indicator that Gold/Silver will be moving North on Prices. We have never seen negative interest rates being offered before to help keep economy flowing by getting people to spend money and induce inflation. This seems like unknown territory. Maybe they realize the economy is about to have a major default and they are doing what they can to deter that.

If negative interest rates occur here in USA, I might be a awesome time to buy a house!

Negative Interest Rates Are Spreading Across the World. Here’s What You Need to Know.

If you want negative rates, I'm happy to hold your money and charge you for that privilege ...

Gold and silver (and platinum) are hedge bets. Nothing wrong with having some to balance out a portfolio, but I wouldn't carry more than 10-20% of your portfolio. I have dabbled with it over the years. I did buy a bit back at the millennium when silver was less than $5 and gold around $256. Unfortunately sold most of it when it rose about 40% .. but before it went up 500% .. who'd have thunk ...

I keep buying gold but my wife insists on wearing it and refuses to sell ;)

I buy silver on a regular basis

I do as well, but mostly as silver coins .. just bought a few rolls of uncirculated Franklin and Walking Liberty halves and Mercury dimes. Not a whole lot above silver and collectible too.

I like big silver bars .. used to buy the 100oz ones .. now mainly 1 and 10oz bars .. gold is tougher at $1200+ an oz.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I bought a lot of Scrap Silver, and 1 oz bars. Was trying to make money with the buying. I didn't really make money. Problem was Silver started dropping in price, and it was hard finding places that would pay more than 85% of spot price. I got into a few bidding wars on Ebay and over paid for scrap silver. ...Some of the silver was not real silver so I lost money as well. I had fun buying and selling though, but certainly didn't make money. That was 2012/2013. Right now is probably a good time to buy Silver as it should go above $30 an ounce again at some point.

If you do buy, check this link each Friday/Saturday: apmex | eBay

APMEX sells certain items very close to spot .. the closer the better. I bought some 1oz Gold bars last Black Friday timeframe that were AT spot ($0 markup) .. can't beat that.

I plan on keeping mine for quite a while it's not a get rich quick investment
Still helps to buy as low as possible. Gold bought at a $25/oz premium over spot is usually better than buying it at $50/oz over spot (unless you delve into the world of bullion collectibles like Silver Towne - and I would stay away from those unless you get them at spot).

US SIlver/Gold American Eagles tend to keep their premiums, Canadian Maple Leafs and SA Krugerrands sometimes do not.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to buy Gold a month ago? Not saying there's anything wrong with buying it today... but still.

If you follow Gold prices everyday, and are a Gold Buyer, then YES!

However, no one knows the bottom of Gold prices. Many analysts were predicting gold to go down to $950 an ounce...It didn't quite get there. That's not to say it could have another decline this year, but with all the negative things going on in the economy over the past couple months it seems that gold prices are going to move higher this year, and likely next year as well.

Anybody who bought Gold years back when it was below $500 an ounce, and sold in September 2011 when it was well over $1,800 made a lot of money. ...The thing about gold is it takes holding A LONG time to really make a good profit. Unless you are a day trader with lots of cash to play with buying and selling all the time, the only way to make money is to buy and hold for long periods.

Some people buy, and never sell. They are waiting for the collapse to actually happen, and believe that hording as much gold as possible will be their saving grace in the future.

If you follow Gold prices everyday, and are a Gold Buyer, then YES!

However, no one knows the bottom of Gold prices. Many analysts were predicting gold to go down to $950 an ounce...It didn't quite get there. That's not to say it could have another decline this year, but with all the negative things going on in the economy over the past couple months it seems that gold prices are going to move higher this year, and likely next year as well.

Anybody who bought Gold years back when it was below $500 an ounce, and sold in September 2011 when it was well over $1,800 made a lot of money. ...The thing about gold is it takes holding A LONG time to really make a good profit. Unless you are a day trader with lots of cash to play with buying and selling all the time, the only way to make money is to buy and hold for long periods.

Some people buy, and never sell. They are waiting for the collapse to actually happen, and believe that hording as much gold as possible will be their saving grace in the future.
Assuming Gold is THE medium of currency .. might be food .. might be ammo .. who knows.

Assuming Gold is THE medium of currency .. might be food .. might be ammo .. who knows.

I live back in the woods, you see
A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long
I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn
We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
Ain’t too many things these ole boys can’t do
We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive