FT gig available

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

IceBurghDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 17, 2015
Western Pennsylvania
iceburghdj.com
A local club needs a FT DJ, all gear/music provided - just show up and play.

tues-sat, 8pm to 2 or 4 am depending on the night.

BTW, it's a strip club - 3 songs per girl announce each girl and promote lap dances.

$600/week cash plus tips (100-150/wk)

Beaver Falls, PA - club escape ask for Mark.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
That's 35 hours (average) for $700 or $20/hour ... I suppose for one starting out.

If I was still in my 20's I would jump at a gig like this,
$30-35k a year, no investment of gear or music. No setup time, no sales costs.
Now..being cash there's no taxes taken out..so no SS to get later in life, no ability to get credit, etc.

I'd like to do it tues-thur. Keep my weddings and such on the weekends. But he didn't go for that.

Now..being cash there's no taxes taken out..so no SS to get later in life, no ability to get credit, etc.

I'd like to do it tues-thur. Keep my weddings and such on the weekends. But he didn't go for that.
I did this at a strip club back in the early 90's 5 days a week for about 6 months, there is a ton of female drama to deal with, and I was put in some scary situations,

If you pay the requisite taxes on it, you would pay SS out of your self-employment taxes.

I know a DJ who got audited by the IRS BAD. He was working a lot of club work cash only under the table. Not reporting his income correctly. I heard the rumor that he ended up having to owe the IRS like $10,000.

There was a strip club in Baltimore City advertising for needing a DJ. The pay was $75 per shift. The Shifts were REAL LONG though. They also wanted someone to work 5 days a week. $75x5 is $375 a week. I saw another CL ad where they were offering $10 an hour for a DJ at another strip club.

I couldn't work a strip club. I don't see my wife or family of DJs favoring that at all LOL

Sounds awesome, then you are up till 6 or 7 am, or later, drinking with the girls, with plenty of drugs around.

A recipe for long term success.

But probably something I would have done in my 20's. :)

For me they can keep such a job in one of those places no matter what the pay is. The music more than likely will be stuff that I would rather not play. Songs totally disrespecting women among other things. Besides I haven't been in one of those places in years. Not because I don't drink but because I don't find anything worth being there. I can't see myself in there giving my money away to one of those women and I get nothing for giving away my money. Many years ago it was exciting. I guess my age has to do with how I feel about those places.