gobo projectors

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

oldschooldj

DJ Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2012
FT. CAMPBELL
Anyone use Gobo Source? I am in the market for a better Gobo projector than my little ADJ Gobo Led Projector. It has it's value but I would like another LED, but something much more powerfull, with a little larger gobo, so I can have better contnent and project further with, color and detail. My ADJ projector is not bad, however it is worthless with the color film they give you, if you want something nice and in color. I would like to be able to project 100' in a mid to low light enviroment.

I was loking at the ECO Spot LED 100 watt. I am open to any suggestions in the $750-$1,000 range.

Thanks Ray J.

Reactions: 5 people
How well does this handle in mid level light in your experience?

Just fine. While it doesn't have the intensity of a SF leko, it fits the bill in practically every situation I run into and clients seem to like it when I tell them they can create their own monogram; just email me the jpg.

Reactions: 1 person
Just fine. While it doesn't have the intensity of a SF leko, it fits the bill in practically every situation I run into and clients seem to like it when I tell them they can create their own monogram; just email me the jpg.

How do you like it compared to the Viewsonic 7383. I recall a post you had about that one.

How do you like it compared to the Viewsonic 7383. I recall a post you had about that one.

I have 2 viewsonics and don't typically use them for gobo as they're short throw. The epson has about the right throw length and has both size and horizontal keystone (for shooting from a sideways angle) sliders on the top of the unit. It's a versatile unit that's my main gobo projector at this point. Oh yea, you can also throw a whole bunch of pics on the thumbdrive and have it run a slideshow as well.

- - - Updated - - -

If I am seeing this correct, this model has no audio out. Mabybe Rick can confirm this.

Dunno, I've never needed to pull audio from a projector in a DJ setting.

Reactions: 1 person
Why not use a data projector instead? I picked up an Epson EX5210 at Sams Club for less than 5 bills. You just put the graphic on a thumbdrive, mount the projector on a stand, and you can offer a wide variety of gobo styles, all without having to pay burn fees.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/epson-ex5210-portable-multimedia-projector/prod5440189.ip?navAction=

Rick, what did you use for a mount? I have an onstage light stand that I want to incorporate somehow.

Ray...I'm thinking hard about GS100 or GS150. I need a throw of between 32' and 50' ... didn't you reply to my thread question with this suggestion?

Rick, what did you use for a mount? I have an onstage light stand that I want to incorporate somehow.

I use a camcorder or camera mount plate with either a piece of wood or metal mounted to it. I drilled holes where the projector mount screws go. I have one on a standard camera tripod and another on top of a 9ft stand. Works like a charm.