Got to hire a new DJ

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

BluemanDJ

New DJ
Mar 31, 2008
The first time in 6 years I have to replace a DJ. I am way out of touch with the interview questions I should be asking. What are some of the questions that you ask and what are some of the interview hoops you make them jump threw?

The first time in 6 years I have to replace a DJ. I am way out of touch with the interview questions I should be asking. What are some of the questions that you ask and what are some of the interview hoops you make them jump threw?

I guess I really don't have questions....but....here is a list of things I look for when I talk to them one on one. (In their actions and their words)

1) Is their personality interesting?
2) Do they convey a positive fun image?
3) Does this person have enough good standing in surrounding communities?
4) Is this person well-mannered?
5) Is this person doing it for the money or do they love djing?
**I don't mind them saying both...but they need to have a love for djing**
6) Can I trust them to put my business on the line?
7) Will this person make good judgement calls, wether music or other?
8) Do they show a clean image? Basically, are you a cleanly person??
9) Will you wear dress clothes when needed?
10) Do you know how to read a crowd?

I am always looking for people with great personalities. I am always looking for that person who people just seem to "flock" to. The search starts long before I even need them, and I will subtly mention to them, that there is a possibility of a DJ job in the future, if they have the time, and they are interested. I usually have a good premonition if you are going to be a good DJ. Basically it is the way you walk and talk. You don't need mic skills just yet....that can be easily achieved. I know...because in reality, I should not be good on the mic!

Alright let's see if I can come up with questions off the top of my head, if you are not good at screening people.......

1) Do you know what it takes to be a good DJ?
2) Once you learn a setup, could you troubleshoot if there was a problem?
3) How flexible is your schedule?
4) I only pay xx amount, are you ok with that?
5) I need to know your intentions, after we train you in and such, are you going to start your own dj business?

...................someone will mention some other questions I missed..................

I would ask them basically...tell me what are your true motives for wanting to do this job?

If they list the right motives, you will be able to tell why they are ready!

I guess this is what I can think of off hand........but I know there is simple things I am missing. Just what are they?

Well considering I havent had anyone leave in 6 years. That is why I'm so rusty. What is your take on female DJ's?

Well considering I havent had anyone leave in 6 years. That is why I'm so rusty. What is your take on female DJ's?

Same philosophy! If they are hot...it's a bonus! But if she can't perform to your expectations, it holds no value!

You got to know how to perform in front of a crowd! :sqembarrassed:

I mean...if you are gifted as a good looking person, and an awesome dj, you are going to be well off!

Blue my aged advice about the female species. If you go into it hoping she is hot as the dawg pound has crudely referred I feel you will miss the best reasons to hire a female.
1.Dependability
2.precision
3. unique
and atleast for weddings they have a direct connection to the brides which the day is all about anyways.

We have hired females in the past, 3 that I can think of right now. One 1 would rehire.

Looks are extremely important. No piercings in strange places and look the part.

You do have to be careful in the way you talk to them, very sensitive. But other than that I treat them the same as the guys.

Several times a year when we have our team dinners, their families are invited. This is good moral for relationships.

We have hired females in the past, 3 that I can think of right now. One 1 would rehire.

Looks are extremely important. No piercings in strange places and look the part.

You do have to be careful in the way you talk to them, very sensitive. But other than that I treat them the same as the guys.

Several times a year when we have our team dinners, their families are invited. This is good moral for relationships.

It's funny you'd say looks are very impotant and you have to be careful what you say in regards to female employees.

If you were to tell a guy "Hey dude you are getting fat how about loosing some weight?" They'd be like ok... sure.

Say the samething to a woman and they will go balistic on your ass... telling you how insensitive you are and what a sexest bastard you are. Then run out crying to their attorneys.

Equality my ass. ;)

I find this thread to be entertaining. yorofl:

Yes, the female DJ is a totally different species, unlike any other woman any man has encountered. And they're all the same, too; no difference between them, so here are some good tips to hiring a good, talented female DJ.

Ahem, ahem....

#1) She's gotta be hot... tall and slender, tight buns, big boobs, lean legs, and a tiny waist. Make sure she's got muscles, though, for carrying equipment. Nobody likes a wimp...just make sure that she doesn't look masculine, you know? She's gotta look like Giselle, but be able to lift speakers.

#2) She's gotta look the part. Nobody wants some short, fat chick in a dress shirt and slacks. For that, you might as well hire a man to DJ. She needs to look like a woman: thin blouse, short skirt, heels...she's gotta show some skin, you know what I mean?

#3) Miniskirts. The guys will be all over her for requests. Can she dress when called to do it? Have her model off her best miniskirts to you in a private interview session.

#4) Looks, looks, looks. She's gotta have great hair - no gray or she'll look like a hag! And her makeup must be flawless at all times...nobody likes to see a smudged lip or heaven forbid...she goes without makeup. Nobody likes to see a woman's real face.

And while you're at it...review the appearances of the guys you hired. Do they have chiseled abs and pretty boy looks? NO?!? Fire their a$$es and get you some more hot, sexy female DJs. Nobody likes a friendly man who enjoys his work and happens to look his age or maybe appear to have enjoyed a few too many beers recently.

Yes, the female DJ is a totally different species, unlike any other woman any man has encountered. And they're all the same, too; no difference between them, so here are some good tips to hiring a good, talented female DJ.

Ahem, ahem....

#1) She's gotta be hot... tall and slender, tight buns, big boobs, lean legs, and a tiny waist. Make sure she's got muscles, though, for carrying equipment. Nobody likes a wimp...just make sure that she doesn't look masculine, you know? She's gotta look like Giselle, but be able to lift speakers.

#2) She's gotta look the part. Nobody wants some short, fat chick in a dress shirt and slacks. For that, you might as well hire a man to DJ. She needs to look like a woman: thin blouse, short skirt, heels...she's gotta show some skin, you know what I mean?

#3) Miniskirts. The guys will be all over her for requests. Can she dress when called to do it? Have her model off her best miniskirts to you in a private interview session.

#4) Looks, looks, looks. She's gotta have great hair - no gray or she'll look like a hag! And her makeup must be flawless at all times...nobody likes to see a smudged lip or heaven forbid...she goes without makeup. Nobody likes to see a woman's real face.

And while you're at it...review the appearances of the guys you hired. Do they have chiseled abs and pretty boy looks? NO?!? Fire their a$$es and get you some more hot, sexy female DJs. Nobody likes a friendly man who enjoys his work and happens to look his age or maybe appear to have enjoyed a few too many beers recently.

Ducky! You are wayyyyyyy tooo :sqcool:

Ahem, ahem....

I would have to make this female DJ you described my girlfriend because the Piece is already my wife.:rofl:

I would have to make this female DJ you described my girlfriend because the Piece is already my wife.:rofl:

Just make sure the Piece (aka your wife) doesn't find out....:sqlaugh: and if she does pray that she'd be up for some .... er... well better keep this PG13:sqwink:

Ahem, ahem....

I would have to make this female DJ you described my girlfriend because the Piece is already my wife.:rofl::yorose:

Exactly. What does it matter?

Folks, we've had the pleasure of meeting several female DJs over the years. A DJ is a DJ, no matter gender.

You guys who get into these wars... you're gonna find your foot in your mouth every time. :D

It's simple: You tell a guy he's gained weight. You tell a woman she's lost weight. We can't all look like movie stars. :)

What does that matter?

You mean that's not you in the avatar?!?
Those aren't your sweet gum drop buttons?!?

All this time I've been in love with a lie?!?
Oh the humanity!!!