Happy Halloween To All------ BOO!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Chuck The DJ

I know people.
Sep 28, 2006
Sebastopol, California
www.chuckthedj.com
Off tonight which I thought was strange. Halloween parties used to be big business and I have some outstanding memories of some very naughty ones! LOL

But now it's stay at home. I do up the front yard with lights, lazers and fun stuff for the kiddies. Music and my wife and I dress up for the Trick-or-Treaters.... In the house we have now, in the past 3 years we have had a total of 7 of the little monsters show up at our house! LOL

My wife tells me not to do so much outside, but I do it for me and the neighbors who love the yard. I usually have most of it out for about a week.

So tonight will be the same, I am betting maybe 3 kids, maybe 5 if we are lucky. I will shoot some video of the yard and post it later.

What do YOU do at home????? BOO!

Well, Chuck... since you got nothin' better to do tonight anyway... Why not go Trick-Or-Treating yourself?:djsmug:
With time on your hands, and your ability to turn green and all...
ry%3D400.jpg
...you wouldn't need a costume, and you could probably pick up a BIG bag of treats... and if you're REALLY creepy, maybe even a few small trick-or-treaters!:laugh:

Last edited:
My neighborhood has kids trick or treating from 4-7 and then the local community center has a lock in overnight dance that most of our kids go to so for the last few years we have done adult trick or treating which involves getting dressed up and taking your shot glass, beer mug, or wine glass door to door. it's pretty fun

I usually get 50+ kids .. once had 86. We are close enough to the small city next door, that sometimes a van will pull up with a dozen kids in it and they run from house to house. Not sure if the parents are reselling the candy the next day, but ... :)

...for the last few years we have done adult trick or treating which involves getting dressed up and taking your shot glass, beer mug, or wine glass door to door. it's pretty fun
That's a GREAT idea... I may try to promote something similar in our neighborhood next year!! Thanks for the idea![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dan The Man
.. we have done adult trick or treating which involves getting dressed up and taking your shot glass, beer mug, or wine glass door to door. it's pretty fun

SO does someone stay home, or do you just go in and help yourself to the open bar? Also, I bet there are some Zombie reports after a bit of "treating".

SO does someone stay home, or do you just go in and help yourself to the open bar? Also, I bet there are some Zombie reports after a bit of "treating".
we have taken turns being "hosts" there are about twenty houses that participate although that number keeps growing every year. We have different designated hosts every year as well as as MR. Bellenski and his six passenger golf cart to take people home if they seem to have any balance issues from trick or treating too much

Lighter than normal turnout tonight .. 45 kids .. especially since it was a nice night .. a little cool, but no rain or heavy wind.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I decided to project the Thriller Music Video onto the side of the house this year. We had a lot of kids and parents stop and watch it for about 60 seconds as they were walking by. I also had the low lying fogger going. I put a couple of up lights on our front porch, and had a few people comment they liked the lights. I also had a Halloween playlist playing music through my 8 inch American Audio Speaker via Bluetooth from my phone. A few adults appreciated hearing Will Smith - A Nightmare on my street.

We had about 55 kids this year. ...I am noticing less and less older kids than years ago...mostly all between 1 year old and maybe 10 years old. Trick Or Treating also dies at 7pm. We had 3 trick or treaters stop by at 7:03 and it was over. It use to go to like 8:30ish. Thriller Projector on side of the house.jpg

Lighter than normal turnout tonight .. 45 kids .. especially since it was a nice night .. a little cool, but no rain or heavy wind.
Had a lot of traffic (trick or treaters) in our neighborhood from about 7 to 8:30PM. None at our house though because we turned off the porch light (that's how it's done in OKC to show you are not participating). After last night, and getting up so early this morning, I just wanted to spend the evening watching football and sitting in the hot tub.[emoji4] I know... bah, humbug... or whatever Halloween poopers say.[emoji3]

Reactions: Chuck The DJ
I decided to project the Thriller Music Video onto the side of the house this year...
Great ideas, Ricky. I could have done something like that if I wasn't SO darn lazy (LOL). It would have been the perfect application for my new stick PC... instead of using a laptop. Maybe next year![emoji4]

Reactions: Chuck The DJ
Porch light rule here too , I think thats common everywhere
I wasn't sure if the porch light rule was followed elsewhere... I don't remember it being the case when I lived in Texas. There was only one other time I can recall not giving out candy, and that was on a Halloween when we had other plans, and were not at home. [emoji3]

Up here in Kansas, we have a porch light rule as well, have for as long as I can remember. I don't know how the turn out was, I ended up doing a last minute gig about an hour away, but the roommates always tend to buy a lot of candy and I didn't see a whole lot left.

If I don't give out candy .. I have no reason to buy the large bar assortments and have candy left over .. the kind I carefully picked out.

we never get many kids, I do all this mainly for my wife and me and the neighbors who always tell me how much they like it.... I do dig it... video coming

Attachments

• Hallowwen_2015 (01).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (01).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (02).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (02).JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (3).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (3).JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (4).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (4).JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (5).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (5).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (6).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (6).JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (7).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (7).JPG
    227 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (8).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (8).JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (10).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (10).JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (11).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (11).JPG
    134 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (12).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (12).JPG
    152 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (13).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (13).JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (14).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (14).JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (15).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (15).JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (16).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (16).JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (17).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (17).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (19).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (19).JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (20).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (20).JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (28).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (28).JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallowwen_2015 (31).JPG
    Hallowwen_2015 (31).JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 8
Nice Chucky.

Our town has a block party (trick / treat area) in the downtown area for a the kids. Most don't come outside of city limits but there are always a few.

We grew (and cut) a few pumpkins this year.

Attachments

• bood.jpg
    bood.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 4
  • boon.jpg
    boon.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4
  • kpd.jpg
    kpd.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 4
  • skd.jpg
    skd.jpg