have you ever judged a potential client by their social media postings

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
"creepy" is YOUR term. For the rest of the modern world, everyone knows that facebook friends are, mostly, pseudo-friends. It's entirely proper etiquette to friend them, realizing the way the FB wall works. Just because you (and you only) use an inflammatory word to proclaim your opinion as law, doesn't make it so. It makes you a dinosaur.

Rick, "everyone knows" and "everyone does it" are arguments used by children. Obviously, this issue has some merit since you chose that baseless reply rather than answering the questions posed.

My prospects and customers DO find that behavior creepy and have indicated so with numerous examples of other vendors I've heard about in committee meetings and in consultations with individuals like brides. Stop kidding yourself - spying is creepy no matter how or why you do it.

Last edited:
Rick, "everyone knows" and "everyone does it" is an argument used by children. Obviously, this issue has some merit since you chose that baseless reply rather than answering the questions posed.

My prospects and customers DO find that behavior creepy and have indicated so with numerous examples of other vendors I've heard about in committee meetings and in consultations with individuals like brides. Stop kidding yourself - spying is creepy no matter how or why you do it.

I answered your question, you ignored it and continued pushing a fight. EVERYONE KNOWS you're an arse, Bob. Thanks for re-affirming the general consensus. At least you're consistent.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
JT: What's the popcorn thing mean? I've seen it used before and never quite understood why. Does it mean being bored with a thread? Does it mean being bored with a reply? Is it a back handed slam at a particular ODJT member? Help me here please?

I've always took the popcorn thing to mean that the poster is just sitting back watching all the responses. Usually a thread that he or she, knows nobody will agree with, you know, like BOSE threads. :)

JT: What's the popcorn thing mean? I've seen it used before and never quite understood why. Does it mean being bored with a thread? Does it mean being bored with a reply? Is it a back handed slam at a particular ODJT member? Help me here please?

Grab some popcorn, sit back and watch the entertainment (usually a board fight).

Reactions: ittigger

Popcorn usually means that its about to get interesting.

I suspect Radiohead has penned some lyrics about proformance...

I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul

I want you to notice
When I'm not around
You're so f'in' special
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

In essence then, the popcorn thing is a way of adding negative indifference to a topic, or, telling your peers you're officially bored with their opinions, or, someone has been appointed official thread and content judge and I never got the memo.

Thanks for the clarification on the popcorn.

Side Note: Chuck, I acknowledge that my name will be forever tied with the forum "Bose Wars" and it will continue to be thrown at me assuming it's going to push a button. It does; a button of gratitude. Combating outright lies, ignorance, and untrained uneducated opinion was really tough, not to mention a reputational gamble. At the end of the ten years war, it has worked out in everyone's best interests.

In essence then, the popcorn thing is a way of adding negative indifference to a topic, or, telling your peers you're officially bored with their opinions, or, someone has been appointed official thread and content judge and I never got the memo.

Thanks for the clarification on the popcorn.

Side Note: Chuck, I acknowledge that my name will be forever tied with the forum "Bose Wars" and it will continue to be thrown at me assuming it's going to push a button. It does; a button of gratitude. Combating outright lies, ignorance, and untrained uneducated opinion was really tough, not to mention a reputational gamble. At the end of the ten years war, it has worked out in everyone's best interests.

Cap: I have not ever associated popcorn to be a negative thing - either physically or virtually. To me, it's been one of those where something interesting is happening. When watching a movie, when do you eat popcorn - when you're bored, when you're being negative or when it becomes interesting?

Personally, I find most things here interesting and I believe everyone is of value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Romard
I'm on a physical and emotional diet. I just watch the movie. (winkie face with excessive grin)

Glad you explained your opinion, JT, which I highly value. Just didn't seem to fit your high standard norm.

Rick, "everyone knows" and "everyone does it" are arguments used by children. Obviously, this issue has some merit since you chose that baseless reply rather than answering the questions posed.

Must be a Baaawaston thing the rest of the world has figured out how to successfully use social media

Ah... But what if they posted a picture of themselves holding a Confederate flag???...Ooooooo![emoji3]

At a gay wedding using a Behringer mixer ;)

Ahhh but think of all the fun we had Cap :)