How many DJ software programs have you purchased, and which do you actually use?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
AH-HA.......

It's NOT the latest. WAIT...it is.....DANG Papa....

Dave

V4.1, should be out before Labor Day, if all goes well :)

It is essentially a maintenance/slight upgrade release from V4.0. It adds some neat stuff as well, but nothing groundbreaking, that will have you shaking in your boots ;)

I'll put the release notes in the Rockit 4 thread, when it is up and ready for download.

Only actual PURCHASE was the original PCDJ/KJ, which I still use if I have to. Tried some freebies, but nothing seemed worthwhile for karaoke.

PCDJ/KJ works just dandy for me, but keep in mind that I use a PC maybe twice a year, if that.

1. Serato Scratch Live and thats the one we've used. We've tested torq and VDJ

how much is rockit if you dont mind me askin...?

Currently $129... and worth every penny. Plus you have Rick here to ask questions... can't beat it.

Plus he needs the money to help keep me fed...

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Just a friendly reminder... :D

If you purchase Rockit, all your hard earned money, gets spent right here in the US of A -- which means, that you are helping your country through its economic crisis :sqbiggrin:

But Budweiser was just bought by a foreign company.... :sqwink:

I'm playing with Rockit right now and I'm enjoying the trial version.

Just a friendly reminder... :D

If you purchase Rockit, all your hard earned money, gets spent right here in the US of A -- which means, that you are helping your country through its economic crisis :sqbiggrin:

If that was response to me trying to see how much it is.... Im from Canada :sqerr::sqbiggrin:

I love a good salesman though ill probley buy the new version :sqlaugh:

Rick Im stunned you have beta testers did I miss that memo?

Yes, I do :)

Couple folks I usually use and abuse :D

If it is a challenging release, I bring more on board, and draw names from a hat. The reason being, is that they generally get a free copy of the software, and if I gave it to everyone, I would go broke :sqwink: :sqbiggrin:

I have looked at a bunch of programs but Otsav is my program of choice. Actually, let me amend that. The OLD version of Otsav is my program of choice. I hate 'Eperance' (the latest version). Maybe if they actually updated the program manual so I could actually look things up and figure things out I might like it a bit more.

Wow, somebody must have been really browsing the archives to dig this up from 2008! I'm game - this could be interesting. I'm not sure if ODJT had a separate "Digital DJ" sub-forum back then, it might be better to move this there.

I believe the program you use is directly tied to your workflow, and your workflow is directly tied to what kind of DJ you are (wedding, club, etc), so this cannot be answered in a vacuum.

I'm a part-timer doing mostly gigs at VFW's, American Legions, Elk's, etc., for an older group of people that love to dance. Lots of foxtrots, country two-step, line dancing, salsa, merengue (significant latin population here), the usual slow stuff, and I often use the heavy beats of modern EDM as a lead-in mix. I do no video.

I have bought Traktor, Mixvibes Cross, and Serato DJ. I never liked Traktor (overly complicated), Cross was pretty good, but Serato has become my favorite. Good library management, a split screen song prep option, easy "Auto DJ" enabling and disabling (I do a lot of audience interaction), and dead nuts reliable.

Welcome to the best DJ forum on the internet!

Reactions: DJ Bobcat