How many DJ software programs have you purchased, and which do you actually use?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
If anyone is interested, there is a simple work-around for this graphics problem. Mixxx is now at V2.0 and is pretty dam good considering it's free.
I may try it again... Is the workaround the newer version or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the workaround the newer version or something else?

First try V2.0, they may have fixed the graphics issue. Note the two different downloads - 32 or 64 bit. Don't worry about your OS (I'm assuming your on a 64 bit system), download the one that supports your controller's and/or soundcard's ASIO driver. Example, I'm on Windows 10 but my Vestax Typhoon's ASIO driver is 32 bit, so I run Mixxx 32 bit.

First try V2.0, they may have fixed the graphics issue. Note the two different downloads - 32 or 64 bit. Don't worry about your OS (I'm assuming your on a 64 bit system), download the one that supports your controllers ASIO driver. Example, I'm on Windows 10 but my Vestax Typhoon's ASIO driver is 32 bit, so I run Mixxx 32 bit.
I need 32 bit as well, and I'm running Windows 7 at the moment. Does Mixxx run good on Windows 10? There's no reason for me not to upgrade to Windows 10, but I like how everything works on Windows 7 right now... very stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the 64 bit version on 10 and it worked fine .. though didn't try it with a controller.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I experimented with Atomix (sp??), but never used it live. Atomix eventually morphed into Virtual DJ...but I never used that either.

I started with PC DJ (Red??) back in the late 90's. I liked the interface, but it was a resource hog.

After a few years, I switched to BPM Studio, and used that from about Y2k until about 2008. BPM Studio was more stable, and had a smaller memory footprint than PC DJ. BPM Studio was otherwise solid, but I got sick of the hardware dongle, and the lack of updates.

I moved to Traktor Duo in about 2008 - there was a sale for $50 just before Traktor Pro was released. I upgraded to Traktor Pro 2 when it came out, and I have been using that since.

If you liked BPM Studio, there is also another free program very similar to it it - DigiJay

DigiJay - The Freeware DJ Tool - Home

In fact, it will accept BPM Studio data files. It has an excellent interface, very good "Auto DJ" function, and the split screen that I like. I've actually used it live. Main issue is only the gui is English - everything else is Austrian/German - and you will probably have to map your controller yourself - but it works great with just a mouse.

Last edited:
Yeah, as a noobie to this forum I was snooping around some of your older stuff, looking for things that might be of interest and benefit to me. It probably won't be the last time this happens.
Sometimes rehashing an old thread is a good idea

I do miss the late night drunk after gig calls. )

When I first started out in radio, I did the midnight to 6am Friday and Saturday shifts while still doing weddings and events. Many night at about 2:15am to 3am, I'd get the female lonely/drunk calls asking me some really weird questions.

But most asked "what do you look like" and "can I come down to the studio".

A few became regulars and after a bit, we'd chat for a while about life and such. Aaahhh, the good old days...

LOL tru dat, by the way what ever happen to Jon's fur jacket if we are speaking about old? I do miss the late night drunk after gig calls. )
The ODJT Pimp Coat? I think Dave might have it .. @drzinc Any known whereabouts to the coat?

I have probably forgot most of the DJ software I have tried over the years, I tried both Traktor and Serato, didnt like the look, so, for now I will stick with VDJ. My other program I use is Zara Radio.

When I first started out in radio, I did the midnight to 6am Friday and Saturday shifts while still doing weddings and events. Many night at about 2:15am to 3am, I'd get the female lonely/drunk calls asking me some really weird questions.

But most asked "what do you look like" and "can I come down to the studio".

A few became regulars and after a bit, we'd chat for a while about life and such. Aaahhh, the good old days...

Regulars on the phone or at the studio ;)

Reactions: steve149