How would you like this speaker setup for your inventory?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Tell me what you think of this setup for speakers? The guy who owns this stuff has so much stuff that this is just part of it. He has 36 Earthquakes alone. He's the guy that does the Bergen Street Festival in Newark, NJ. He said he does events for companies like Home Depot and gets paid 8-9k. I just saw the stuff he had in one garage and I wanted to steal the whole garage. The problem with that is he's the police. LOL. I know I will never get to that level and at my age I don't want to.

Attachments

• 20140920_121006.jpg
    20140920_121006.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 35
No thanks.
No place to use it, no place to store it, no way to transport it...
and NO interest in dealing with it.

As i mentioned elsewhere you could make it sound good done correctly but it's a lot of work involved to even get a sound out of it

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Earthquakes were a standard 20 years ago. There are much better solutions today.

Earthquakes were a standard 20 years ago. There are much better solutions today.
I personally still love them and possibly looking to get 2 more. I'm not looking to get anywhere near this guy. I was considering getting 2 more to use with 4 double 15'[s. I'm considering it due to upcoming large events. I was told I would need 8 subs to use with 4 tops to get the sound right. Right now I know for sure I have an event on 9//09/16 and will be using 2 double 15's and 4 Earthquakes.

I personally still love them and possibly looking to get 2 more. I'm not looking to get anywhere near this guy. I was considering getting 2 more to use with 4 double 15'[s. I'm considering it due to upcoming large events. I was told I would need 8 subs to use with 4 tops to get the sound right. Right now I know for sure I have an event on 9//09/16 and will be using 2 double 15's and 4 Earthquakes.
The issue with any horn loaded sub is you need to place them appropriately .. AND .. you need to process them appropriately. They need to be delayed to match the time characteristics of the tops . otherwise they sound muddy.

The issue with any horn loaded sub is you need to place them appropriately .. AND .. you need to process them appropriately. They need to be delayed to match the time characteristics of the tops . otherwise they sound muddy.
like he is going to listen to any of that,

Reactions: ittigger
Having that much gear is nuts. I don't care if he covers local concerts. You can do much more with much less gear. Time for him to donate or sell some of that older gear to upgrade to today's technology.

I don't do events that require more than 4 speakers and 1 sub. Most only require 2 speakers & sub.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Having new gear is nice and it's much more efficient than carrying all that stuff but let's look close at this.

Odds are that this gear was bought and paid for a long time ago. I'll also bet that this guy doesn't do alot of gigs with that much gear or at all. Why would he upgrade?

I don't do events that require more than 4 speakers and 1 sub. Most only require 2 speakers & sub.
Same here, Jas[emoji4]. Got NO place to store that much gear and everything else you need to support it, plus, it hurts my back just looking at pictures of it![emoji1] But the fact is, I don't want to do events that require that much gear.

Reactions: Jas and Jeff Romard
Same here, Jas[emoji4]. Got NO place to store that much gear and everything else you need to support it, plus, it hurts my back just looking at pictures of it![emoji1] But the fact is, I don't want to do events that require that much gear.

You sure could put the fear of God in to your neighbours ;)

Macho you don't even know how to use a driverack. You would need a support team and your battle buddies to even get sound out of that setup.

Reactions: DJ JohnThe1