How would you like this speaker setup for your inventory?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Macho you don't even know how to use a driverack. You would need a support team and your battle buddies to even get sound out of that setup.
I got someone that knows how to use a driverack. I never said that's what I want for a setup. I might get 2 more Earthquakes and that's it for me. That's to be able to handle a convention. The rooms they have their dances and main meetings in is a large ballroom. You have to have a super system to get the job done right.

We would use 8 subs with 4 tops.

I got someone that knows how to use a driverack. I never said that's what I want for a setup. I might get 2 more Earthquakes and that's it for me. That's to be able to handle a convention. The rooms they have their dances and main meetings in is a large ballroom. You have to have a super system to get the job done right.

8 matching sub and 4 matching tops??? otherwise it will sound horrible

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Our system. We got the goods to get the job done right.
Mix according to the gear you've told us you have you don't have the proper gear to get this done, you need 4 matching tops and 4 matching subs, Mixing brands, models styles of speakers leads to a horrible sounding mess, I hope whoever is hiring you for this gig is not terribly dissapointed

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Mix according to the gear you've told us you have you don't have the proper gear to get this done, you need 4 matching tops and 4 matching subs, Mixing brands, models styles of speakers leads to a horrible sounding mess, I hope whoever is hiring you for this gig is not terribly dissapointed
Trust me they won't be. If it were you they might. LOL Don't go crazy. Just joking.

Same here, Jas[emoji4]. Got NO place to store that much gear and everything else you need to support it, plus, it hurts my back just looking at pictures of it![emoji1] But the fact is, I don't want to do events that require that much gear.
Yes Bobcat, I don't get any inquiries that would require a concert type of PA system. I'm not in the festival PA rental business and don't wanna be! I'd more likely be peforming with one of the acts at a festival.

Mix .. you really need a DriveRack (or a digital delay) for even a single Earthquake. With a horn loaded enclosure, you have a relatively long chamber with the driver at the back end .. so if you straightened it out, the driver would be 5-7 feet behind the front of the cabinet. With that, you should be delaying the signal to the tops by 5-6 ms or you have the higher frequencies being heard BEFORE the lows .. making it sound muddy (or you need to place the CVs 5-7 feet in front of the tops).

I used to run a similar type of sub (Yorkville USCB1) and had a delay on the tops (Yorkville U15B) all the time.

So .. it doesn't matter how many you have .. the system NEEDS the delay (usually from a DriveRack or specialized crossover) to sound good.

Last edited:
Mix .. you really need a DriveRack (or a digital delay) for even a single Earthquake. With a horn loaded enclosure, you have a relatively long chamber with the driver at the back end .. so if you straightened it out, the driver would be 5-7 feet behind the front of the cabinet. With that, you should be delaying the signal to the tops by 5-6 ms or you have the higher frequencies being heard BEFORE the lows .. making it sound muddy (or you need to place the CVs 5-7 feet in front of the tops).

I used to run a similar type of sub (Yorkville USCB1) and had a delay on the tops (Yorkville U15B) all the time.

So .. it doesn't matter how many you have .. the system NEEDS the delay (usually from a DriveRack or specialized crossover) to sound good.

What Steve said...And I'll add when you start mixing types and styles of subs you get a whole other mess. It can be done but you really have to know what you are doing