I could have stayed home last night!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
so a prime Saturday night you were unemployed that night and this guy was working and making money, and it sounds like he was better that that yahoo partner you help at the last gig you were part of

so a prime Saturday night you were unemployed that night and this guy was working and making money, and it sounds like he was better that that yahoo partner you help at the last gig you were part of
First there is no way in hell this DJ was better then my guy last Saturday! He couldn't hold his jock strap on a bad day. I was invited to this party and I went. No I didn't ask for a request. I didn't want to! I wanted to leave but I couldn't because my van was parked by my friends house. If it was there I would have left before 11pm! As for what he got paid if it was me I would have paid him a half a bag of weed and that's it. Tunes remember what I said in my 29 years as a DJ he was the worst ever. He got the job because of a family member that had something with organizing the event. It was already said he will never do another event for them ever.

The problem wasn't the the songs he played. Like I said he had some nice music to play. It's just how he played the music and when he played what. It was beyond bad! It was FU**** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, they couldn't have been ripped off too bad. Most older folks are in bed by 11 on the weekend.
You miss it. Everybody that attended the party was ripped off as bad as this DJ was. I hate my best friend paid $30 for me to attend. I don't have an issue with the orginization that gave the party. Great idea. Just the sorriest DJ I ever heard play. What I said here about this DJ isn't coming from just me. Everybody at the party was upset. Nobody was happy with what he did at all. Next time I'm working I will definitely make a gig log with my picture in it for sure. None of you were there to even know how sorry this DJ was and what a piss ass sorry job he did. All you saw was people all night long rushing back to their seats after he did something else even worst then the last thing.

I don't drink any more but I could have been drunk and did a better job then that for sure. It was ugh and lee what he did! Jimmy you said he was working. If that's what you call working he better find another line of work because what he did I wouldn't call working. I know a guy that's not a DJ that played a little bit while the DJ went to do something else and even he would have beat this guy!

Looks like the minimal amount of equipment needed to be a dj! Maybe it was his first gig! I have seen a couple of guys dj with just one speaker,,,,, but I saw them while they were working and I was not!

I once asked this kid that I see around town with one 15 Inch Beringer ,,,, I says hey man how much you getting for this gig! He said 200,,,, I said nice going!!!

I love to see this kind of guys working!!!! Some do a lot of small gigs with this stuff,,,, but I bet if you gave him 10 grand for better equipment,,,, he might beat the hell out of a bigger dj.

He buys equipment for 800 bucks and pays for it in 3 months ! Sounds like a good businessman!

You miss it. Everybody that attended the party was ripped off as bad as this DJ was. I hate my best friend paid $30 for me to attend. I don't have an issue with the orginization that gave the party. Great idea. Just the sorriest DJ I ever heard play. What I said here about this DJ isn't coming from just me. Everybody at the party was upset. Nobody was happy with what he did at all. Next time I'm working I will definitely make a gig log with my picture in it for sure. None of you were there to even know how sorry this DJ was and what a piss ass sorry job he did. All you saw was people all night long rushing back to their seats after he did something else even worst then the last thing.

I don't drink any more but I could have been drunk and did a better job then that for sure. It was ugh and lee what he did! Jimmy you said he was working. If that's what you call working he better find another line of work because what he did I wouldn't call working. I know a guy that's not a DJ that played a little bit while the DJ went to do something else and even he would have beat this guy!

Mix, sadly, it is you that missed it - yet again. If everyone was unhappy, the party would have been over at 8.30 or 9.

Now, to be fair....
you need to invite this DJ to YOUR next party,
so he can come on here and offer his opinion of you, your setup, and your skills.

And always remember, regardless of what YOU thought of him....
HE is still the one who got the gig, and got paid for it.

Mix, sadly, it is you that missed it - yet again. If everyone was unhappy, the party would have been over at 8.30 or 9.
How did you come up with that theory? If you went to a party and paid $30 to attend the party that was to end at 1am and the party was over at say 9pm what would you do? Would you say oh that's OK or would you ask for your money back?

How did you come up with that theory? If you went to a party and paid $30 to attend the party that was to end at 1am and the party was over at say 9pm what would you do? Would you say oh that's OK or would you ask for your money back?
You didn't hear this DJ! Like I said people would get up to finally dance to a song they liked. He would only let the song play for a little while and then either just slam in another song or quickly use the sync button bringing in another song. So the people dancing never got to enjoy the song that got them up to dance before he quickly cut that song off. He did this with at least 20 songs for sure. So that would have people rush back to their seats to sit down. This happened the whole night and finally people got tired of him doing this and just left early. Some were gone by 11pm and there was 2 hours left to the party.

Imagine a DJ is playing one of your favorite songs, you get up to dance and as soon as you get on the dance floor they are quickly changing the song. Imagine that DJ kept doing this all night to songs you liked. What would you think of that DJ?

Attachments

• IMG_5897.JPG
    IMG_5897.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 13
Yes none of us heard him because we all had our own jobs to do. Except you that is. Maybe soon you will find a gig that requires old 80's house music. I know there is a big market for it out there. It is what all he kids want at their weddings.

Reactions: Jeff Romard

Would you stay at a restaurant that served bad food? Would you stay at a concert that was too loud or didn't sound pleasant? Would you stay at a hotel that was not comfortable? The answer to all of these is no.

What happened at the event you were at - the DJ started at 8 and at 12/12.30, most of the people were leaving. Considering most people stayed, it couldn't have been that bad.

If I paid to go to an event and I was not happy, I would leave. I would not ask for my money back because I chose to attend. I would seriously rethink attending next time.

Would you stay at a restaurant that served bad food? Would you stay at a concert that was too loud or didn't sound pleasant? Would you stay at a hotel that was not comfortable? The answer to all of these is no.

What happened at the event you were at - the DJ started at 8 and at 12/12.30, most of the people were leaving. Considering most people stayed, it couldn't have been that bad.

If I paid to go to an event and I was not happy, I would leave. I would not ask for my money back because I chose to attend. I would seriously rethink attending next time.
Sorry you got it wrong. People were leaving not staying. By 12/12:30 most of the people were gone. Only a small handful of people were left. When I got there that's when I found out what the party was for. What does that have to do with a piss ass poor DJ. Them raising money doesn't excuse the fact that the DJ was late getting there and he sucked SHIT sideways. I didn't want to mention him being late because of what happened the Saturday before this one. He has no excuse either for being late. They won't ever use him again just because he was late alone. Never mind if he was good or bad which he was disgustingly the worst DJ I ever heard. And that's saying a lot since I've seen some bad DJs in my time. The people stayed because they spent as long as they did because they paid $30 and was hoping things would improve with this DJ. That didn't happen. The more he played the more he pissed people off!

Oh I'm sorry on a scale of 1-10 he was a minus 19. Does that make things any better?