I had an interesting conversation with another DJ.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Again, it is a culture thing. Some people think you need to have 40 speakers to do a gig. I can promise you I could do it with much less then what you plan on bringing and people would be more impressed with my sound with two tops and two subs that don't weigh 100 pounds each.

Again, it is a culture thing. Some people think you need to have 40 speakers to do a gig. I can promise you I could do it with much less then what you plan on bringing and people would be more impressed with my sound with two tops and two subs that don't weigh 100 pounds each.
Fine but would they be impressed with you being the DJ? That's the other big thing as well. I hope the night of this event you're free so you can come and check me out. The guy working with me ask me if I wanted to be super impressive and I agreed with him and said yes. I'm using lights as well that night too. I'll have them mounted on the light stand which I plan to have on the stage with us.

Yes they would be very happy with me. So lets see the biggest event I have done was for 5000 people in Colorado at the convention center. I had 6 tops setup and 2 subs setup. Two tops and the subs at the dance floor and the other 4 speakers spread around the room for coverage because of the layout of the room. How many people will be in this room of this job you are doing?

No I will not be free when you are doing this job I will be in NC doing a job for a group of 700 people in a hotel grand ball room. Guess what I will be using 2 tops and 2 subs. No need for anything else.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEIT435eShA
watch
Here is an idea of the size and amount of people. Again you are going overboard just because you think having a wall of speakers makes you look impressive. I disagree.

Reactions: dunlopj
Mix please listen BIGGER is NOT always better
PLEASE LISTEN. Others come in that room with even more than what I'm bringing that night and all is well. It will be just fine. Everything will be just right. Stop thinking it will be over kill. If you don't know what you're doing even 2 speakers on stands can be over kill. It's not just about what you use but how you use it. The DJ I mentioned brough in 4 tops and 4 subs and the sound was awesome. He works that room once a month. That's his normal setup for that room.

Again pay attention it's not what you use but how you use it. I could do as it was suggested to me and use the 2 801p subs and powered tops. If it's not setup right that could be over kill. Bigger doesn't mean you have to go crazy with the volume. That's a rookie mistake. I've played in clubs where a DJ will see what they see as a big system and go crazy with it having all the meters in the red. They don't know over time that will damage the system. Some will pretend they are playing on the old Club Zanzabar system. That system was designed and installed by Richard Long. That's the same ones that did the install for the Paradise Garage. Zanzabar's system was 2000 watts and they were using 4 amps. That was the best system in NJ ever. To this day I have not heard another system in Jersey that could touch it.

Got Mix you know better then all of us who work every weekend on PAYING GIGS and have SUCCESSFUL Businesses. You are the smartest DJ out there and you know all.

Again what MIXY is doing is a location thing. Some people think you need to have 40 speakers to do a job that 2 will do. The reason is simple because they are trying to show off and nothing more. Mix I just proved you wrong with video and you ignored that instead.

Last edited:
Mix I have serious question for you. What is the total gross income you have earned so far this year from your DJ business, to answer the question I know will ask, I semi retired from DJing in January of this year only doing a few shows that I really want to do I have one bar that I play at a couple of times a month and have done 3 weddings, I am at $7350 for the year.

Mix I have serious question for you. What is the total gross income you have earned so far this year from your DJ business?

Forget it...he won't answer. Whenever we ask him questions to IMPROVE his...well anything...he does not give direct responses or even accept and think that maybe we could be right.

So Mix...keep doing what you do best...wasting our time. Sorry to be so harsh dude...

BTW, Jimmy D...love that classic Brick House into Play That Funky Music mix. It's easy and always works!

Reactions: ittigger