I just saw a crazy ad on CL.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Yet you were willing to supply a sound system to a DJ in a park (for free) so that it sounded right (got the job done).
First things first. I haven't done a thing and haven't been asked to help out. The guy hosting the event thought we were still working together. This DJ I know personally that is doing the event again.

I don't know who this DJ is doing this event in the park. So why would I help that DJ out? It's not my fault this DJ doesn't have the gear to work with. Especially someone else I don't know asking can someone supply a sound system for free or near free. Trust me I don't do many free events. Just on occasionally bases.

First things first. I haven't done a thing and haven't been asked to help out. The guy hosting the event thought we were still working together. This DJ I know personally that is doing the event again.

I don't know who this DJ is doing this event in the park. So why would I help that DJ out? It's not my fault this DJ doesn't have the gear to work with. Especially someone else I don't know asking can someone supply a sound system for free or near free. Trust me I don't do many free events. Just on occasionally bases.
$50 or free not a whole lot of difference there

First things first is right. Here is your statement, again from Post 1, which I will dissect for you because you are obviously having a hard time comprehending what you wrote:

Guy calls me up that has an annual fund raiser in Branch Brook Park. It's going to be August 27th. He was looking for me to see about helping out my ex partner.
You say you haven't been asked to help out yet this very paragraph says .. a guy called you up, seeing if you would help out.

Help out how? I'm glad you asked:
He doesn't like the gear he has to do the event. He was using just a pair of Mackie Thumps and no sub. So he wanted to talk to me about helping my ex partner with a better setup.
With speakers.

I was willing to help out and not looking to make any money.
You would do it for free.

I don't talk to my ex partner. I could have my friend that works with me now talk to him since they are semi related. Meaning they grew up in the same projects.
This means you would be trying to talk to your ex partner (via some friend that is 'semi related') to see if you could do it. I learned something new today - if you grow up with someone in the projects, you are semi related. :dontknow::banana:

I would just want it to sound right. I don't care about playing at all or getting paid. I would just want things to sound right. The money is really just a charity thing anyway.
You would do it for free (again)

Not a lot of money to begin with. So basically it's about doing a nice favor for a good cause.
Again, for free.

So unless my friend can talk him into it they are on their own again and it will sound the way it does.
Which means that even though you 'haven't done a thing', if your friend talked your ex partner into it, you would do it for free.

No different than the CL ad you're complaining about.

Last edited:
First things first is right. Here is your statement, again from Post 1, which I will dissect for you because you are obviously having a hard time comprehending what you wrote:

You said you haven't been asked to help out yet this very paragraph says .. a guy called you up, seeing if you would help out.

Help out how? I'm glad you asked:
With speakers.

You would do it for free.

This means you would be trying to talk to your ex partner to see if you could do it.

You would do it for free (again)

Again, for free.

Which means that if your friend talked him into it, you would be doing it for free.
The guy said to me he didn't like the sound last year and thought I was going to be there to help it be better as I've done a carnival before that he knows I got some great stuff that would sound right.. I'm not committed to a thing. I did plan on showing up though since it is a nice fund raiser for this guys son that died at an early age. His son wasn't event 17 when he died.

Again should I automatically know who this Skrillex DJ is? I bet there are other famous DJs some on here have never heard of that I have, that are legends. Some of them have gone on to glory.

The guy said to me he didn't like the sound last year and thought I was going to be there to help it be better as I've done a carnival before that he knows I got some great stuff that would sound right.. I'm not committed to a thing. I did plan on showing up though since it is a nice fund raiser for this guys son that died at an early age. His son wasn't event 17 when he died.

Again should I automatically know who this Skrillex DJ is? I bet there are other famous DJs some on here have never heard of that I have, that are legends. Some of them have gone on to glory.

Skrillex is world famous not a regional or even national guy

Check out number 17

Top 50 Richest DJs

Ok, then someone asked you and even though you never committed to it, you were considering and were going to do it (according to you) if your friend talked to your ex partner - and you were going to provide sound for free.

No difference between that and the very CL ad you complained about. Unless you're the one performing, then it's not your problem if someone doesn't like how something sounds. Maybe 90% of the people were happy with the way it sounded. Regardless, Rule #1 is in effect.

Rule #1: You Get What You Pay For

Last edited:
Who is this Skrillex? Never heard of that DJ. You said they travel all over the world. There's a big difference in this DJ working all over the world and this DJ in a park next Saturday. I bet if you heard the name you would scratch your head wondering who that DJ is.

Let me see if you heard of a DJ named Hippie Torales. If you haven't I will tell you who he is.

As usual, you COMPLETELY miss the point.
I was just stating that there are a lot of DJ's out there who don't have their own PA.
The DJ's fame, or lack of, has nothing to do with it.

As usual, you COMPLETELY miss the point.
I was just stating that there are a lot of DJ's out there who don't have their own PA.
The DJ's fame, or lack of, has nothing to do with it.
You missed my point. Would you supply a system for free to someone you didn't know and don't have any details about the event other then it will be in a park with a DJ? The ad gave no details about the event itself. Also how do you know this DJ (name unmentioned) knows what they are doing? I quoted a price to supply the system for a price I know they would never agree to pay since the ad said no pay.

You missed my point. Would you supply a system for free to someone you didn't know and don't have any details about the event other then it will be in a park with a DJ? The ad gave no details about the event itself. Also how do you know this DJ (name unmentioned) knows what they are doing? I quoted a price to supply the system for a price I know they would never agree to pay since the ad said no pay.

No, I didn't miss your point.
Look, Mix...if I don't have any details on the event.
If I don't know who you are providing gear for.
If I don't know anything more than it's a DJ in a park....
then no, I wouldn't supply gear...paid or not.
But, evidently, you would, since you quoted them a price.

and his price for at least one of them, was free.

Read what I said and why I did give a price quote. I said at the price quote I gave them which was $400, I knew they wouldn't pay that since they were looking to get the stuff for free. I was just messing with them. So far after that I haven't gotten another email from them which I knew that would be the case.

Read what I said and why I did give a price quote. I said at the price quote I gave them which was $400, I knew they wouldn't pay that since they were looking to get the stuff for free. I was just messing with them. So far after that I haven't gotten another email from them which I knew that would be the case.

You have no business plan, no website, no social media presence, no gigs, a shitload of heavy gear, and the best thing you can find to do with your time is mess with people looking for a free service on Craigslist? Apparently I'm doing this wrong

Reactions: ittigger
You have no business plan, no website, no social media presence, no gigs, a shitload of heavy gear, and the best thing you can find to do with your time is mess with people looking for a free service on Craigslist? Apparently I'm doing this wrong
Mix does have a website: dancetothemusicent

Reactions: ittigger and SEDJ
Yes that is the website. It's not online and not complete. It's just laying low on Wix.
It's still findable via Google, so you may want to finish it.

Mix finish your dam web site
Take it easy man. Don't have a heart attack. It's not your website if you have one. LOL. It will get done in time. I'm not the computer wiz remember all. I plan on getting it done after September 9th. This big event that I'm doing comes first.

When I get it finished I want it to go online and Wix won't host it for free. That's the catch of course for them allowing you to make a site for free.