I wish I had worn ear protection earlier

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I take Celebrex on occasion for a partially-herniated disc .. I don't think I take it often enough to be an issue, but I will monitor it.

I've been in radio for 33 years. I saved my ears by never wearing headphones at work.
Recently went back on the air, so now I have to wear them...but only three times an hour for four hours a week.
I've been a mobile DJ about as long, and I've worked for a concert production company for more than 10-years.
I look silly, but I always stuck my fingers in my ears when going near the speakers.
and, yes Handinon, I've been prescribed a fair share of NSAID's over the years.

I do have some "white noise" in the background...but I have fared pretty well...all points considered.

(I will admit to "selective hearing"...when in the company of certain people)

Reactions: ittigger
no issues...been a shooter (of guns) for years and for that I do wear hearing protection.
Keep DB in check - osha has rules/guidelines., Not hard to stay behind the speakers and a phone app is good enough to keep you close to safe.
I have great hearing - ok, so I can't hear the high notes like kids but that's a function of aging alone (lots of info on that - kids even have ringtones we adults can't hear. Brain Games on TV did a show about it- watched it with my 12 year old daughter..I can hear like someone 40 years old and I"m 54).

the only issue i have is running water, and have had it for decades. If i'm running water, say at a sink washing hands or such, I can't hear much else unless it's close.