I'm not a big fan of pop country but the more I hear this guy

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I would think that alot of the 'sounds the same' has more to do with who is writing the arrangements than who is writing the songs - the same group may be writing the arrangements in all of these cases, especially considering that there hasn't been any legal accusations over sounding identical.

That sounds more like a mash up than anything - a bunch of those songs were sped up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Last edited:
Although I disagree with condemning Blake Shelton was he really that far from accurate?

When you add up all the contestants, even the final 5, of all the reality shows all seasons in consideration I think you could randomly pick people at Karaoke contests in bars across North America and give them a contract and have as much success. For every 1 that "Made it" there are 10 who won that didn't.

It's a fair question, but he made the statement that anyone who wins a reality show contest has no talent, and they shouldn't be allowed to "make it" in the music business without "paying their dues". It should be noted that Miranda Lambert gave him his first big touring gig, and hell, she came in third on Nashville Star. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are truly talented and deserve everything they have worked to achieve.

I totally agree on the numbers side. I participated in one of those shows, and I can give you phone numbers of 25 people that I personally know who are more talented than 95% of those that you see on even The Voice (In my opinion the most talent-leaning show out there). There is no right or wrong way to succeed in the music business. I think made-for-TV reality shows are just another avenue available.

This is pretty cool. The kid behind Mr Misunderstood

More similarities:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWMdiRq0XKE

I think most of you would agree that there are rarely any true 'artists' anymore. As stated earlier, someone has to write the lyrics and someone has to write the arrangement and I wonder if there's a select set of individuals that write the majority of what we hear.

Especially on the country side almost everything you hear on country radio comes out of the Nashville factory. An old friend of mine is writing there now. He wrote a few songs for Carrie Underwood including Jesus Take The Wheel and just A Dream

Ive always said everyone stole from Chuck Berry and Zeppelin stole from everybody

Reactions: ittigger
I've always said everyone stole from Chuck Berry and Zeppelin stole from everybody

It's not stealing IMHO....rather it's called "influenced".

If you hear it, appreciate it, understand it and like it, you can't help but having it affect you.

If you're a music fan, you may seek out other similar artists to hear.

Or if you're already in the music writing/playing biz, it may add to your collective skills.

BTW .. I have relatives in OK .. though by some mystery dealing with the military in WWI, they spell their last name Montamble.

I also was in our Senior Class play of Oklahoma .. so we have that connection as well ...
I was born in TX , but I am nothing close to being a cowboy

Not a country fan outside of a few songs, and wont take a all country music gig.

Reactions: Jeff Romard