It has been a very strong year. Officially booked through Thanksgiving

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I must say I am grateful that I have been able to book every Saturday between now and Thanksgiving weekend. The only Saturday I have off is September 10th, and I am going away with the family for a 3 night end of summer trip to Ocean City, MD that weekend. I have a few Fridays and Sundays booked in there as well. Looking at my calendar I don't think I can book much else between now and then unless some Friday events come in on open Fridays, but Fridays are pretty rare. I am pushing past last years numbers as well. If December turns out to be real strong with Holiday parties I might have my best year ever revenue wise!

I am working A LOT though. I think it is time that a rate increase might be in order for 2017. I did not raise my rates this year, and have generally kept the same rates since 2013. Or maybe I have found a "Sweet Spot" with pricing myself, and shouldn't increase at all since I'm booking all my Saturdays away.

It's a good position to be in, and outside of any economic downturn that may happen, things are going very well for me. I have all the equipment I need. I have spent less this year on advertising than last year. After my trip to the DJ Expo next week, I could essentially go "expense free" for the rest of the year, and just rake in the money as much as I can.

I hope things keep up, and next year is just as great as this year has been!

Congrats, that is good news if you are questioning a price increase try a small one $25 or $50, I myself since my semi retirement from both the full time job and the DJ gigs have limited myself to 10 gigs I truly want to do next year, in addition to my bi -weekly bar gig that I do basically to hang out with friends,

Last edited:
The market has caught up to you! LOL
I have 14 weekends/gigs over the next 18 weeks..two of the off days are filled with other obligations so I'd book book them anyway.

Oct 22..open. Odd. Maybe fill it with a discounted wedding...$250 special !!! Anything is better than nothing (sometimes)
And thanksgiving weekend. Usually get a HS reunion in there.

It has been a good year...I'm booked up until the end of October every Saturday and quite a few Fridays. A lot of this years work is on the road so the money is really good.

I count on 50 a year. If I don't book anything else right now I'm at 48 I expect the Christmas season will pull 9 or 10 and I don't have one for NYE yet but I suspect I will

Looking back at my statistics my best years in terms of revenue are as follows excluding this year:

1. 2013 - Price increase year - Most events booked in September ever
2. 2015 - Great Holiday season ended up beating out 2012, and 2014 by less than $1,000
3.2012 - Very slight increase on in demand Saturdays - Most events booked in March ever
6.2010 - Hustled and booked a lot of events via online leads at aggressive prices coming out of recession
7.2006 - Busiest December ever
8.2007 - Price increase year
10.2009 - Price decreases due to market - Effects of recession in full swing.

I only have 1 booking in December on the books right now, so December could turn out to be a downer for holiday parties. Hopefully, it's strong though. If it's strong then 2016 should go down as new best year.

For me holiday parties seem to be booking later later every year, it's almost like at the beginning of November somebody asks the boss if they are having a holiday party this year, oh yea we better start planning that

I go through most of the year with nothing booked for December. Then by mid to late November I get calls for December. I limit my bookings to 3 or 4 parties with a wedding hopefully as one of the events. Revenue is good in December which is good to close out the year, plus my day job is saturated with overtime in December.