JBL PRX718XLF Sub and 712/715 Tops on Special - $899/$499/$409

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

steve149

Shine on you crazy diamond
Staff member
Sep 26, 2011
Connecticut
JBL PRX718XLF

At ProAudioStar ... A very good price for this decent sub.

jbl-prx718xlf_1.jpg

Also the PRX712 tops for a new low at $409 ...

JBL PRX712!

jbl-prx712_1.jpg

And the PRX715 15" 2-way tops .. only $499

JBL PRX715 15" 1500W 2-Way Powered Multi-Purpose Loudspeaker System!

jbl-prx715_1.jpg

I like them - but I think they're comparable in output to the K12's, Live X 12's and Live X 18's I have now. As a benefit, they have fans (the Live X 12's don't) and the amp is Crown (I am a Crown fan).

I like them - but I think they're comparable in output to the K12's, Live X 12's and Live X 18's I have now. As a benefit, they have fans (the Live X 12's don't) and the amp is Crown (I am a Crown fan).
When I bought my PRX612, those were the same competition, so yes .. no need to upgrade .. but at $410 for the 12", if you needed new, you won't find anything close at that price.

Hey guys,,, I am going to have the money for these! I want them for small parties and wedding ceremony pa! Also the other day my daughter wanted some sound for a basketball game in the park!!!! I didn't have anything simple to give her? ,,,,, an extension cord and a cable is all she needs with these babies!

Anybody have the 12 tops,,, are they smooth sounding? Worth 900 bucks? Any problems?

Are they in a group of the best sounding tops to you?

This is my first powered tops

Hey guys,,, I am going to have the money for these! I want them for small parties and wedding ceremony pa! Also the other day my daughter wanted some sound for a basketball game in the park!!!! I didn't have anything simple to give her? ,,,,, an extension cord and a cable is all she needs with these babies!

Anybody have the 12 tops,,, are they smooth sounding? Worth 900 bucks? Any problems?

Are they in a group of the best sounding tops to you?

This is my first powered tops
I have the previous version .. PRX612m .. very neutral and clean. I paid $650 a piece for mine. They are in the same grouping as the ELX/EKX, QSC K12, etc.

anyone know if they power off after a period of time when no signal is present, I have mackies' that do this and it's a feature I'm looking for, I need for a permanent install

My QSC's go into 'standby mode' if there's no signal present. I believe the EV's do as well - so this might be a common item for powered systems.

Reactions: tunes4046
anyone know if they power off after a period of time when no signal is present, I have mackies' that do this and it's a feature I'm looking for, I need for a permanent install
They don't power off, but do go into power save mode when there is no signal for some period of time (not sure of the interval).

Reactions: ittigger
image.jpeg I have some ev tops,,, I was not impressed with their harsh sound way up top,,,, found myself cutting the upper 15,000 hz down a bit. Changed out to some selenium loaded horns ( basically JBL I hear). Better but still want to silence the top end a bit! I also have some old JBL 3 way,,,, better on top! Not as harsh!

I see them for 450$ AP right now, I wonder what my chances are that they go down to 400$ AP again.
I guess I shouldn't complain,,,they are like 7 or 800 AP at gutair center. I wonder if they will price match the 450 AP?

I want the 12's because I don't really need them for full range. I have full range singles already! I might be stacking them on top of dual 15's or 18's.

Also anybody have any problems with this mail order business? They seem to have a lot lower pricing ?

No issues with ProAudioStar .. I've bought a number of items over the years from them .. including those little dbx GoRacks a few weeks ago.

Reactions: IceBurghDJ