Looking for Rack-Mountable Controller Suggestions...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

djmagicmoments

DJ Extraordinaire
Jan 16, 2016
I already use the Denon DN-MC6000MKII controller but I was looking for other options for a rack-mounted controller.

What is out there?
What do you use?

Must have TWO mic inputs and again, must be rack-mountable.

MC6000 Mk2 for me .. there aren't a whole lot of options for an all-in-one rack mount setup unfortunately.

Without jog wheels, there's the American Audio MXR19 .. just not in the same class as the Denon.

and the Denon 4500 you can still get used. Also might still find a Pioneer SEP.

Oh, there is nothing wrong with the 6000 MK2. I just like to have options.

The mic button on the denon sometimes does not activate at first, requiring a second push of the button. Certainly not a huge deal but to send it in for repairs is a pain, so I will be getting a second controller, as a interim piece.

For my backup, I just use a standard mixer, but wanted a second controller.

Perhaps I will just get a second MC6000 MK2.

Thanks again for the great feedback.

For $599 with a full copy of Serato and a carry case .. it's even better .. :)

Reactions: SEDJ
i have a denon mc 3000, works great, using external compact pa mixer currently as there is only 1 mic input. thinking of upgrade, BTw, how is the preamp on 6000? will it work for weddings? or do i have to route thru pa mixer?

i have a denon mc 3000, works great, using external compact pa mixer currently as there is only 1 mic input. thinking of upgrade, BTw, how is the preamp on 6000? will it work for weddings? or do i have to route thru pa mixer?
I haven't had anyone sing through it, but for speaking, 1 and 2 seem on par with my other quality mixers.

Perhaps I will just get a second MC6000 MK2.

At one time, I owned three MC-6000s - one in my main rack, one in a small case with sliding laptop shelf, and one in my office. And then I started wearing out the buttons.

I miss the rack-mount convenience of some gear, but I do love the Pioneer DDJ-stuff that I use now.

I'll 3rd or 4th the MC6000, I researched this to death about a year ago, it's simply the best choice out there
I don't know if it's the best but I damn sure love mine! It's very compact and I love that. I just carry mine in a case that has a sliding shelf to put my laptop on and that's it. The only way I see you putting it in a rack is if you can buy a kit to do that or make holes on the sides to put screws in it to put in a rack case.

The only way I see you putting it in a rack is if you can buy a kit to do that or make holes on the sides to put screws in it to put in a rack case.

The first production run came with rack ears included. They got rid of them after that, but you can still buy them as an accessory. $30.

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM