Looking for speakers?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
EV zxa1 12" sub is 46lbs, 700w
ev ekx15 15" is 57 lbs, 1300w
elx 18 is 70lbs.

the etx18, top of the line, is 114lbs..but some of that is the included casters. They're really not that heavy to deal with - I can load them in and out of my car, set one on top of the others - and believe me i can't dead lift 114lbs.

The 12" speakers you have to lift - into /out of the car, onto/off the dolly - so while they are lighter the amount of weight you move, need to move, isn't that different.
I have 18 inch QSC's and 18 inch Yamahas all heavy with casters on the back, I have never lifted them they roll out of the trailer and into the venue nearly every venue is required to be handicap accessible

Reactions: IceBurghDJ
Been to many that are not or have bizarre work arounds - one is on the second floor of an old building - no elevator. so tehy put in a seat/stair lift deal - you can sit on it and I guess someone else is expected to carry your wheel chair/scooter up the steps. LOL

Anther recently remodeled and there is one step to get in...or 5 the other way. Not sure how they got away with that. It's their smallest room, so no subs or the 12's go there.

Did a wedding at an elks this summer..OLD OLD building and the only non-steps way in was thru the kitchen..turn and twist, from the ally and that wasn't in good shape either. I left the sub in the car.

A newer venue is better- but the parking lot is gravel, so you gotta get the trailer just right to drop the gate on the sidewalk.

At least 30% of the venues I perform at have stairs to deal with. On top of that, many of the venues have noise ordinance laws. and/or a "No Subs" policy.

The Lady at the Fire hall I worked at tonight was delighted to see me. I was there last February, and she LOVED that I kept the music at a reasonable volume all night. She said "The Volume was just right!" She complained that her staff can't hear themselves talk, and the bass from many of the DJs was overkill that was coming in there on the events they do. She had took my biz cards. She referred me, and I was able to book the wedding I did just tonight. I brought in 2 12 inch tops for a 95 guest wedding in a mid size fire hall with a 8.5 foot high ceiling. Acoustics in there were pretty darn good since they have those tiles in the ceiling that gets rid of any echo....also the low ceiling helps.

Anyway, she took more biz cards and said she will refer me in the future.

Tomorrow (Today) ...I am down in Washington D.C. at a high end venue. There are 2 flights of stairs to go up. No Elevator, there is a special handicap elevator installed, but vendors can't use it. It's also an OLD Elevator with a 350 lb weight limit from what I remember...One of those slow moving ones to put one handicap person in.

Anyway, the dance floor is in a Rotunda with a marble floor, and pillars that go up like over 25 feet high around the rotunda. I believe I will get a loud echo in there. ...I am not bringing a sub because Stairs.

Only about 1/3 of the events that I do are venues where bringing in a Sub is worth while to me.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I may hit up my storage unit, and grab my 15s instead of using my 12s tomorrow. They aren't that heavy to lift up and carry up the stairs at 33.6 lbs...Last time I was in this venue, I think I hauled my 61 lb JBLs up those stairs!

Reactions: IceBurghDJ