Weddings Mission: Impossible Garter Toss

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jokerswild

Chief Bottle Washer
Feb 11, 2007
Elkhart, IN
www.totalimpactdjs.com
Just got the ok from the bride... they want me to play the Mission: Impossible Theme while the groom removes the garter and we thought it would be fun to build it up with a Mission: Impossible (imaginary taped message about the mission)

So here's the script I'm thinking of using and will use to pre-record for presentation at the event.

Agent (Insert Grooms Name) your mission should you choose to accept it is to infiltrate well into enemy territory and retrieve the coveted and highly sensitive garter belt. You may only use your teeth to remove it from the clutches of your arch nemesis (Insert Brides Name) then toss it to the awaiting young men over there.

This recording will self destruct in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…

If there is any tweeking you guys can think of to how this reads would be fantastic.

Any offers to do the voice over would be cool too this will lead into the Mission: Impossible theme with the count down overlapping the start....

I already have the music edited to include a explosion just as the music starts.... so all I really need now is the voice over.... the reason I'm thinking someone elses voice should be used is because I want to play it up as a message comming from the Agency over my sound system....

If there are any takers PM me and I'll provide the rest of the information and even the edit music I made for it.

BTW did I say this wedding is May 23rd?

I would change enemy territory to something else.

I know what you mean.... honestly I have a block and can't think of anything better.... I want it to sound like it would have been a message recieved by an agent about his mission like the old TV series had.... you remember the message would be played and the tape would self destruct...

How about this....

Mr (Insert Grooms Name) your mission should you choose to accept it is to infiltrate under the cover of darkness and retrieve the coveted garter belt from a highly sensitive area. You may only use your teeth to remove it from the clutches of your loving nemesis Mrs (Insert Brides Name) then toss it to the awaiting young men over there.

This recording will self destruct in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…(begin music just as count down begins)

Or maybe...

Mr (Insert Grooms Name) your mission should you choose to accept: Will be to infiltrate under the cover of darkness and retrieve a highly sensitive piece of gear known only as the Garter Belt. You may only use your teeth and mouth to remove it from the leg of your loving spouse Mrs (Insert Brides Name) or risk setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of young men behind you.

This recording will self destruct in 5… 4… 3… 2… 1…(begin music just as count down begins)

Here's how the whole senerio will play out...

I will do the bouquet toss and then call all the single men out.... just as everyone is in place I will tell them I'm picking up something on the low frequency reciever and then they will hear a pre-recorded message that starts with the sound of an tuneing in a shortwave radio, the message and then the music....

Thoughts?

I'll do a read, if you like it great, if not I'm sure you'll have others.

Remove it from risky territory...just pronounce it risque'

Hey I like that..... good one Fuzzy!

Like this:

Mr (Insert Grooms Name) your mission should you choose to accept: Will be to infiltrate risque' territory and retrieve a highly sensitive piece of gear known only as the Garter Belt. You may only use your teeth and mouth to remove it from the leg of your loving spouse Mrs (Insert Brides Name) or risk setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of young men behind you.

I'll do a read, if you like it great, if not I'm sure you'll have others.

Cool you have my email right?

If not just PM me...

I will then assemble it in Sonar or Audacity, but more than likely Sonar as I can add effects much easier to the final cut.

Ok so with Fuzzy's addition here's a generic version that wouldn't require names....

Your mission should you choose to accept: Will be to infiltrate risque' territory and retrieve a highly sensitive piece of gear known only as the Garter Belt. You may only use your teeth to remove it from the leg of your spouse, or risk setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of young men behind you.

Ok so with Fuzzy's addition here's a generic version that wouldn't require names....

Your mission should you choose to accept: Will be to infiltrate risque' territory and retrieve a highly sensitive piece of gear known only as the Garter Belt. You may only use your teeth to remove it from the leg of your spouse, or risk setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of young men behind you.

WTF!!?? Too tame

Too tame?!?

What would you sugest then?

Your mission, knowing that you will accept, is to risk life and limb, and the possibility of losing your head. Not only must you conquer the clenches of biological barriers, you must endure the dangers of cavernous territory to retrieve a highly sensitive piece of fabric known only as the Garter Belt. You may use only your teeth to extricate this danger from the thigh of society. Beware of deep, mysterious underworlds, and avoid setting off the Mother-In-Law Alarm, then toss it to the awaiting group of unsuspecting and un-prepared idiots behind you.