Mistaken for a photographer again.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
They usually get scolded. It's unfair to post a photo of another DJ's setup here and critique it when that DJ isn't here to defend themselves. At the very least, you should get their card and invite them into the clubhouse.
I've seen this happen with pictures of a DJs setup and the DJ wasn't a part of either of the forums and they jumped all over that DJs setup.

I've seen her naked before and that's it. Just that simple. There is no way in hell she is a transsexual that had sex change operation.

I won't tell you how I know because that will get me banded for life on here. Just use your imagination. LOL.

Okay there, Billy Bush. Use my imagination??? Dude... you posted THIS:

img_5794-jpg.30852

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that no use of imagination is needed. It's all there. :eek:

Does that qualify for a lifetime ban? Just asking. He said if he told us, he would be banned. ;)
No because I never said a dirty word sir. LOL You did ask the question didn't you and now you want to throw me in jail? Go figure:laugh:

What about when others have made a post about another DJs setup and trying to show others what their setup should not look like?

Being a guest at another event when you are also a DJ is a tough spot. By our very nature, DJs are extremely judgmental. It is SO easy to pick apart everything from what gear someone uses, the way they make announcements, song selection, and more. And more often than not... if you do it, you just look like a hater.

The set up you posted isn't super clean, and doesn't look incredible. But, that DJ booked the gig. They didn't roll quad-18s into a room with 75 people in it just to talk about how good their sound is. And, it looks like people are enjoying themselves at the party.

It's a fine line though. Most of us are on these boards to learn what others are doing, and hopefully improve ourselves with the collective knowledge of the community. And, sometimes looking at what not to do is a helpful exercise. But there is a difference between a constructive discussion that is meant to improve the group, and just making fun of a guy or girl that isn't even here to defend their own practices.

Reactions: ittigger
Steve it was like they were trying to hard with the sound. At times it sounded distorted. Too much highs. That's why I said to me they needed more speakers so they don't have to push the system so hard to get it loud enough to fill the room.
I happen to own the system in question (JBL VRX932lap tops & JBL VRX918sp subs) so in my educated experience if there was an issue with sound quality it was due to user error (gain structure being my first guess) as this system is quite capable of getting VERY loud while remaining clean. I did notice both the grills (in the photos) on the tops were upside down which brings into question that they may have been repaired previously buy an unqualified person possibly using unauthorized/sub-par replacement parts ? Hmmm.....

All distortion heard was the result of my camera phones mic being overpowered by the systems output which was measured @ 105db 100ft away ;)

Does that qualify for lifetime 'banded'? Just asking. He said if he told us, he would be banned. ;)

No but if anyone gives me an image of Mix naked mental of physical they are gone ;)