Monitor Recomendation

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

d2benz

DJ
Feb 10, 2011
washington dc
Hi, my set up include 2 ls801p subs and 2ev ZxAE

I used YORKVILLE 50kw as my DJ monitor. And they sounded great. I've had it for 10 years.
I've dropped it too many time and have finally died.
I'm looking for a nice speaker ,, not too bulky and defiantly light.

What do you use for dj monitor and what will u recommend.

I love YORKVILLE speakers , suggestions are néeded.

Thanks

The Yorkvilles appear to be floor wedges .. are you looking for floor monitors or DJ monitors? If floor, FOR ACTIVES, I like the QSC K12 if you want a wide dispersion, and the JBL PRX712 (I use the PRX612 currently for that purpose) for a tighter control.

Reactions: d2benz
I always tell the story - We did a concert for Artist Howie Day and we had just purchased the Live X's. We wanted to try them out so we though why not and we used them as the floor monitors for him. We had been told ahead of time that he's incredibly picky about his monitors/monitor mix so he required an hour of sound check to dial them in. 5 minutes into Sound Check he said that was one of the best sounding Monitor mixes he's ever heard and he was done. Ever since then i use the Live X's in majority of our monitor situations. Both Floor and DJ

Guys, thanks for your input and suggestions....I'm looking for a DJ monitor NOT a floor monitor
Yes, the 50kw is a wedge...I used it because its compact and quality of sound, and not too heavy.
I know Yorkville designed the 50kw for the guitarist...and likes
I'm actually considering a lighter plastic enclosure that is also rich in Bass (when I need it)
...I will go and listen to these wonderful suggestions....I.M.O. the JBL seems to be the lightest and nice bass...I think...

Last edited:
Hi, my set up include 2 ls801p subs and 2ev ZxAE

I used YORKVILLE 50kw as my DJ monitor. And they sounded great. I've had it for 10 years.
I've dropped it too many time and have finally died.
I'm looking for a nice speaker ,, not too bulky and defiantly light.

What do you use for dj monitor and what will u recommend.

I love YORKVILLE speakers , suggestions are néeded.

Thanks
I would suggest a self powered 12 and nothing outrages in price behringer alto you really just need to here the tempo protect your ears man!!!
I know a DJ right now who can't hear that will anyone and someone has to tap the tempo on his shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For mobile set ups I actually have Ben trying to stay away from monitors and setting up the sound system behind me

For mobile set ups I actually have Ben trying to stay away from monitors and setting up the sound system behind me

Who's Ben .. and why's he playing with the monitors?

FWIW - I wouldn't setup the sound 'behind' you as feedback becomes more of an issue.

Been****
I'm not getting any feedback as long as it's behind and to the side along a wall and I also tune using DBX rack with a mic

Reactions: d2benz and ittigger