Weddings Monogram Projector

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Randy A

Party Time Hobbyist
Jan 4, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
www.partytunesdjservice.com
Big Props to Keith for helping me get started in monogram projection. Another hit with my brides-to-be...with another simple avenue to increase gig profits.

I'm all about trying to create shortcuts when setting up and wanted to create a way to easily set up the monogram projector. Out of the box, up in the air and projecting a custom monogram, in less than 5 minutes.

In Storage:

47789d86.jpg

With customized bracket installed and 'special media box' attached to the back. (Media box details withheld by request from the person who told me about it. But, do your homework and you'll find one that does the trick.) The bracket slides right into a standard pole mount and I secure it with a bolt & nut. All cording is velcroed on the back side of the pole and run down to bottom of the stand where they are plugged into a outlet which is permanently mounted to the stand. (Stand is dedicated to monogram projection) You can't see the white media box from the front, but I may tape things off and paint it black at a later date.

I use Photoshop to create my monograms and load them onto a SD card for the media box.

649ddf58.jpg

ae889bd9.jpg

I have tried the "fauxbo" projector before but wasn't happy with the way it looked. I have the same brand projector and couldn't get rid of the "box" the projector creates.

Do you notice the "box" around your image?

Here's some examples of mine done with a Optima projector. No box either after I adjust brightness and contrast.

No adjustment needed with my setup...the projector is ready to go right out of the box with the custom settings that never need changing.

All I do is tweak the focus a bit based on the distance that changes from one gig to the next.

No adjustment needed with my setup...the projector is ready to go right out of the box with the custom settings that never need changing.

All I do is tweak the focus a bit based on the distance that changes from one gig to the next.

Actually, I don't have to adjust mine either after the first time. Once set, I leave the settings alone.

What is the minimum rating you use for this effect and should I sell my PR1. lol

I'm not sure exactly what you saying..but I can't compare anything other than projector monograms. I think my photo speaks for itself that I'm extremely happy with it.

But, I had some good help in getting it up and running, in which I THANK Keith for everytime I sell it. :)

What I meant was, what are the minimum specs recommended for the projector. I have a slightly older Optima I use for slideshows that is about 2200 lumens I think. Would that be bright enough?

Yup my Dell is about that.... maybe a touch higher but.... for most dimly lit situations to near dark it's sufficient.... now if you need to display in full light or daylight forget it.