Monoprice Lighting

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Reactions: IceBurghDJ
Hmm, $238 for two, I am pretty sure for that price , I am sure I wont care all that much if they are a bit slower.

I am sure you won't. The longevity of the units, and the warranty might be the issues, but at that price...who cares?

I have used my Inno Pocket Spots 3 times in the 10 months I have had them. I paid about $500 on a package deal with a Arriba bag for a pair, and they are only 12 watt LEDs. Also, the optics aren't great on the ADJ pocket spots. Optics are OK. A no name brand with 35 watt LED in it has to be at least twice as bright....and at $119. Man prices are really coming down on Moving head lights. I wonder if these fixtures will be $50 a unit in another few years.

I am sure you won't. The longevity of the units, and the warranty might be the issues, but at that price...who cares?

I have used my Inno Pocket Spots 3 times in the 10 months I have had them. I paid about $500 on a package deal with a Arriba bag for a pair, and they are only 12 watt LEDs. Also, the optics aren't great on the ADJ pocket spots. Optics are OK. A no name brand with 35 watt LED in it has to be at least twice as bright....and at $119. Man prices are really coming down on Moving head lights. I wonder if these fixtures will be $50 a unit in another few years.
To point, yes, I would care about longevity, but that time would a be a lot less than say I might have with a "name brand" unit. I have no idea what that ratio of gigs would be at the current point in time, not really sure what the average life for "name brand" lights are . But I am guessing half of that. Anyways, I can see myself adding a pair of these to my lighting offerings , as a pair of spots is the last on my list of wanting to add.
Shoot, $119 is one month of model kit purchases for me from Japan during a slow month:D

I don't know about their lighting, but their audio gear and cables have gotten very high marks from users; just an FYI-- they are a popular cost-effective alternative...

GJ

At these prices every mobile DJ will have moving heads. They're most likely all made in the same Chinese factory. Monoprice and ebay sellers are just picking up quantities direct from China. Odds are good that within a few years 60 watt moving lights will be the same price. For those buying these, get good use out of them before that happens!

I do, I would rather invest in something that I am fairly certain will last for a long time with minimal issues than something cheap that I may have to constantly replace.

I do, I would rather invest in something that I am fairly certain will last for a long time with minimal issues than something cheap that I may have to constantly replace.
right now with lighting if your lucky you will get two years out of it before you can buy the same thing that will be 3 times brighter with better options for the same price, most effect lighting needs to upgraded every 2 -3 years to remain relevant

Reactions: IceBurghDJ
Maybe - but that's a similar concept in the computer world - are you replacing your computers every 6 months? Or are you using what you have until you need to upgrade / update?

My moving heads are probably 2 years old. The new ones may be a little brighter (if at all) but certainly not 3x brighter. The options are the same as when I bought.

I agree that effect lighting changes constantly .. especially the "trendy" effects (lasers, Revo, etc.), but PARs don't change drastically .. yes they get brighter and more colors, but a decent one should last for a while .. even old cans are usable in many situations.

Scanners don't change much .. except getting smaller and made of plastic.

Reactions: ittigger
I agree that effect lighting changes constantly .. especially the "trendy" effects (lasers, Revo, etc.), but PARs don't change drastically .. yes they get brighter and more colors, but a decent one should last for a while .. even old cans are usable in many situations.

Scanners don't change much .. except getting smaller and made of plastic.
I still have 24 1000 watt par 64's not sure why, but I just can't bring myself to sell them,

Reactions: ittigger
We have nearly reached a "maximum level" with Up Lighting, and effect lighting. There isn't any need for the lights to become brighter.

What will change with the Technology moving forward is more wireless connectivity. More use of Device Apps, and running everything wirelessly, and connected to your phone or tablet. The tech is already there...it will just continue to become more popular, and come down in price over the next 3 to 6 years.

In a few more years wireless battery operated effect lighting will be introduced and become more popular.

As far as capability of the lighting and brightness...There isn't really any need to improve at this point. It's already there.

We have nearly reached a "maximum level" with Up Lighting, and effect lighting. There isn't any need for the lights to become brighter.

What will change with the Technology moving forward is more wireless connectivity. More use of Device Apps, and running everything wirelessly, and connected to your phone or tablet. The tech is already there...it will just continue to become more popular, and come down in price over the next 3 to 6 years.

In a few more years wireless battery operated effect lighting will be introduced and become more popular.

As far as capability of the lighting and brightness...There isn't really any need to improve at this point. It's already there.

'Brighter' lights are generally for bigger, more expansive areas. For most mobile events, a 100W-250W output should be sufficient.

I ordered a Chauvet Flarecon Air on Wednesday .. Hoping to see how it works. Uses a Smartphone/Tablet app to control Chauvet D-Fi wireless products, but has a DMX cable out as well. Plus I have another D-Fi receiver to play with.

Chauvet updated the app to allow "generic" fixtures .. previously it only worked with their Freedom line. SO I hope to be able to set colors and such from my tablet .. we shall see.