Need help identifying song

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I even tried searching for some of the lyrics I could make out .. nothing close.

Yeah, I've tried my usual bag of tricks - this is proving to be a stinker!

This is so cool. When I'm cremated I'll have a small sheet of paper in my pocket that reads "I stumped them!!".

Reactions: ittigger
I don't know the song but my first thought was JD McPherson as the artist but the voice may be too deep

Hats off to ittigger! I never would have found it myself.

Rocky Sharpe and the Replays did cover songs of Do Wop music, and were in England (of all places). The music in the video I posted actually is the original
Boopin' Shoes by Mike Vernon, but (as is often done in dance competitions) the tempo has been slowed approximately 20 percent, so none of the song recognition services worked.

Thanks again ittigger.

Hats off to ittigger! I never would have found it myself.

Rocky Sharpe and the Replays did cover songs of Doo Wop music, and were in England (of all places). The music in the video I posted actually is the original
Boppin' Shoes by Mike Vernon, but (as is often done in dance competitions) the tempo has been slowed approximately 20 percent, so none of the song recognition services worked.

Thanks again ittigger.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

The music in the video I posted actually is the original Boopin' Shoes by Mike Vernon.

According to this link (Rocky Sharpe), Mike Vernon was part of Rocky Sharpe & The Replays. Here's more about Mike Vernon (Mike Vernon, Record Producer). From what I can find, Mike Vernon was the composer for Boppin' Shoes. I agree that it was probably slowed down.

Here is the CD tracklisting (CD Track Listing) .. Track 26 is Boppin' Shoes and it looks like Mike Vernon performed it as his pseudo - 'The Boogie Man' - and that would mean that Track 26 IS the very same one that was in the original link I found (Post #9), which also means that Track 26 is the very same one you heard on youtube, just slowed down.

If You Wanna Be Happy - Rocky Sharpe & the Replays | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic (same as from Post #9 above, play Track 26)

More info:

Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - If You Want To Be Happy - The Polydor & RAK Masters & More - Amazon.com Music

Editorial Reviews
After their highly successful career on Chiswick Records, Rocky Sharpe and the Replays moved to RAK and then Polydor. Ironically this material is now being reissued on CD on Chiswick, the group's spiritual home.
Over a five-year period, from 1978 to 1983, Rocky Sharpe & The Replays enjoyed seven hit singles; the last two, Clap Your Hands and If You Wanna Be Happy are featured here.

The CD features all of the 1983 Polydor album Stop, Please Stop! and seven previously unreleased tracks. It's been compiled with the full co-operation of the band and producer Mike Vernon. A bonus is the inclusion of both sides of Mike Vernon's 1982 single released under the pseudonym of ''The Boogie Man''. Mike has written the detailed notes and sessionography for the booklet.

This release completes the CD availability of the recorded output of the group. Wonderful party time music featuring Rocky Sharpe & The Replays at their very, very best.

Last edited: