New from Turbosound

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
The LD Systems "Maui" models are great. That is what I use for ceremonies and cocktail hours.

maxresdefault.jpg
That's an interesting little system. I watched a video about it, and they said it was good for up to 100 people. Do you think that's accurate. Also, I was wondering where you purchased yours?

Well, I only use it for ceremonies and cocktails. I assume that when they say 100 people, they mean "for dancing".

I purchased mine on ebay. I could not beat the price. You are right though, it has the look and feel of the Bose Compact but has a built in mixer and MUCH better sound than a Compact.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
For ceremonies, you can get the LD Maui 11 in white too (less than $750 on eBay) ..

s-l1600.jpg

I definitely considered the white but I prefer not to stand out. I thought that using the white would make me stand out a bit more than I would like.

These are VERY good for ceremonies and cocktails for sure. Maybe the best sounding speakers I own for software volume. And VERY reasonably priced.

The Maui 5 from ld system looks very similar to the compact. $400 less

Same weight.

The exact same inputs. But has blue tooth. Doesn't have outputs like the compacts. But that's it. That and I don't know if you can use it without the towers, which comes in handy sometimes, but not a deal breaker.

This might be an alternative for someone that wants the lightness of a compact but doesn't want to pay $999 for one.

I'd like to hear one side by side with the compact. I may try one. I may use amazon so I can return it if the quality is way inferior to a compact. But I'd keep it if it was close. If it is like a compact, I can use another one.

LD was at the DJ Expo last year (if I recall) .. maybe they'll have one to listen to this year .. or the larger 11 or 28 .. choices are good.

I just this week have been designing a system for a small church that only seats 120 people. They wanted a portable system they could use and easily move between their Main sanctuary and their outside pavilion which is actually a little larger than the inside church so they do a lot outside. I was looking at systems of this type. I actually ended up deciding to go with the RCF Evox 12 system for them and placed the order today. I'll have to let ya know how it does, i anticipate GREAT results though as i have the RCF Evox 8 and love it.

No doubt the EVOX 12 would be a great fit.

Reactions: TwinSpinDJ