New Uplights

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
My thoughts are that I can hook up my transceiver into one of the lights, coming out of the dmx out. I HOPE it then received the DMX signal from it's internal antenna and re-broadcast via the hooked up transceiver. Again .... I've not tested it and don't know if it works. Just hoping. ;) But, like I mentioned, I'll probably never need it, but would like to be prepared if so needed.

Yes, that's exactly how it would work. If your light is receiving a DMX signal wirelessly and you have something plugged into the DMX out jack on the fixture, it will pass the DMX signal through just as it would if you were using a wired incoming connection. For most practical purposes, you'll never need to do that, but it does come in handy in some situations, like if you put a truss totem and moving head on the opposite side of your dancefloor.

So, I forgot to update that on the one light that I tested, I got approximately 10 hours on a slow fade program. I have all my lights now fully charged and will be doing a much broader test this weekend.

So i have a church that was impressed with my Cube Echos but they don't have it in the budget to buy them. They only have a budget of around $3,000. Do you think it would be a good idea to recommend these to them. Are you happy enough with the service/performance you've seen so far to say it might not be a bad idea?

So i have a church that was impressed with my Cube Echos but they don't have it in the budget to buy them. They only have a budget of around $3,000. Do you think it would be a good idea to recommend these to them. Are you happy enough with the service/performance you've seen so far to say it might not be a bad idea?

Dumb question but why would anybody want to install battery units in a perm-install, like a church?

Dumb question but why would anybody want to install battery units in a perm-install, like a church?

It's actually a large church with 3 different rooms/areas they have services/shows in. They are interested in using these as uplights and as creative lighting in different places for bands from time to time. They would store/charge them in a tech storage area they have.

Plus i should mention they have a band that travels to other locations/churches as an outreach to youth and performs and they'd use them for that as well. That is where they saw my echos and were impressed. I did a simple different light show for them where we lit the band in a small space by just uplighting the band from below along with just a pair of colorstrips and it worked pretty well.

View: https://www.facebook.com/shanerproductions/videos/1062815343768868/

All my tests have been positive.

I'm gonna send them the link. After i check theirs out i may even buy some for myself, these would make very affordable rental units. And i could plug the transmitter into the output of the new Eternal Lighting Echomate and give people a simple to use Remote controlled set for rentals. That would save the quality of my more expensive Echo's. Thanks!

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I have these same lights. The range is less that I had hoped, but is acceptable. I got about 150 feet with mine. Haven't tested them for battery life, but they are suppose to work for 8 hours or more.

Is that your Red Light district?