New Windows 10 "God Mode"

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Hey Steve didnt you know about that ?

Been using it since winxp and never on my desktop :)

Interesting conversation... I'm torn because I'm a huge proponent of taking local administrator privileges away from end-users in an enterprise environment but I would never give up my own local administrator access. I'm also always logged in with administrator credentials on my personal computers and UAC is turned right off. That said my domain administrator credentials (for non techies they're basically "do anything on any system in the network" credentials) are separate. So, while I have administrator access to my computer at all times the credentials I am using have limited access to remote systems and I have separate credentials when I need "the big stick."

On Linux systems I never log in as root; However, it's less about security from external threats and more about protecting me from myself (disabling ssh for root is about external security though.) I have a special alias that I use for when I forget to type sudo though which is all the time:

alias fuck='sudo $(history -p \!\!)'
Runs the last command with sudo. So if say you do "apt-get update" and get "permission denied" you just type "fuck" and it runs "sudo apt-get update" without you having to retype it.

Last edited:
Hey Steve didnt you know about that ?

Been using it since winxp and never on my desktop :)
No .. first I've seen it, but then again, I don't do a lot of computer tending these days.

Reactions: DjDennis
Runs the last command with sudo. So if say you do "apt-get update" and get "permission denied" you just type "fuck" and it runs "sudo apt-get update" without you having to retype it.

Roflol you have to be the only person who's computer listens to him when you start cursing it out. :D

Roger that. Here it is, a link to Windows 10 optimization -

Windows 10 Optimization Guide

The piece about CCleaner is interesting. Always one of my favorite applications (especially for keeping the Registry clean), Windows 10 deliberately deleted CCleaner from both of my laptops during second "after 30 days" update.

Funny the fall update told me Speccy was incompatible with W10 and uninstalled it. Speccy is made by Priform - the same company as cCleaner.

In MS, if logged in as an Admin, everything runs as Admin. If logged in as a general user, Full System access is not authorized. In Linux / Unix, everything runs as a general user and will prompt you otherwise (this is one of the security benefits of Unix vs MS). UAC was a very light version of this - that said, when surfing, it would use Admin credentials to access the system - so whatever went to your cache had full system access.

+1. Sadly, they don't care until it's too late.

+1.

Unless you have redone the security setup on that folder to allow only that user, I don't foresee an issue.

I learn something new all the time too. I love this place.

Thanks Tig. I'm going to have some 'fun' this weekend configuring new Windows accounts

I don't know .. in Unix, I always signed in as root ... everything ran as root.

I sign in as root for our server here. I'd rather use Debian or Ubuntu server because they have a sudo system but CentOS seems to be the default OS for hosting companies mostly due to it's compatibility with cPanel.

Last edited:
Reactions: DjDennis
Reactions: ittigger
Can't blame MS for all of the Bloatware .. the HPs, Dells, Toshibas etc. add a lot of that and they get funded by the bloatware creators for it.

Can't blame MS for all of the Bloatware .. the HPs, Dells, Toshibas etc. add a lot of that and they get funded by the bloatware creators for it.

To clarify, I blamed MS products - not MS directly, and you are correct. I don't blame it all on MS as it IS the 3rd party vendors with most of the bloatware .. but it is only on MS products.

I hate bloatware as much as the next guy but I have to think the part of the reason PC prices have dropped so low are the backroom deals with the bloat people.

If I get a very good price on PC from a major retailer like Staples, Wal-Mart, etc I fully expect it to be full of bloat. Most times I boot into the pre-installed Windows to confirm activation then blow away the install and recovery partition with a fresh install from a MS ISO. Now that the key is stored in Firmware, I'd nuke the install without even booting into Windows from the factory.

That is of course unless I move over to the Mac side for my next computer. No bloat there. :)

well here I setup systems using MS install disc's as being a dealer at one stage (got rid of them ages ago)
now I buy when a Client wants them and create a system thats bloatware free

I agree with the Bobcat - but you can certainly help by uninstalling it all. Once something gets put in the registry, it rarely comes out properly - if at all.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I agree with the Bobcat - but you can certainly help by uninstalling it all. Once something gets put in the registry, it rarely comes out properly - if at all.
If you look at the services running on your computer and trace (and identify) each one, deleting (not just disabling) those which you feel are bloat-ware, you can make a big difference. If you don't know what you're doing, though, you can also do some serious harm! Always backup your system before you start making radical changes! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where would buy this Windows CD?
Newegg, Tiger Direct, most office supply stores (like Office Depot), but I recently saw the 64bit OEM version on Amazon.com for about $115; that's where I'd probably buy it.

I guess it's actually a DVD, but whatever.[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So where would buy this Windows CD?

Newegg, Tiger Direct, most office supply stores (like Office Depot), but I recently saw the 64bit OEM version on Amazon.com for about $115; that's where I'd probably buy it.

I guess it's actually a DVD, but whatever.

The only 'issue' would be if there were specific drivers needed for your box. If the only drivers you need are 'MS' drivers, then you're good. Usually the higher end boxes / equipment are the ones with specific drivers.