Portable power

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Yes! A tool that you'll rarely use, but have to drag around all the time.
A tool that needs to be filled with gas to be valuable.
Not something I want sitting in my trailer.
For me, it's not worth it, for that "once in a blue moon" use.
Most people drag around backup sound gear that isn't used .. :) For me, there have been a few outdoor events where I've needed one and 2 where I should have used one (instead of running 300' of extension cable). A low noise, small unit could be the ticket .. the one Cap found is mighty tempting. My current 6800w one is too heavy for me to move myself unless I bring my tipping trailer.

DOWNTIME. That's why you bought a new vehicle.

A new truck today is around $35,000 - see here

You want no downtime, you buy new.

You can buy used with 50-60k for $13k or so - see here

so you buy new, right?
No? Why not?

A) you just don't have the money (borrow it!)
B) it's not worth is...by what definition? ECONOMICS? Why spend $35k when $13k will do THE SAME THING?

EXACTLY!

That $35k will not make you more money, nor save you more money, than the $13k one - if you disagree tell me WHY you think differently.

Maybe you buy it for 35k and drive it 2 years and sell it for 20k ($15k total cost), vs 13k and in 2 years spend 2k on repairs and sell it for 4k (11k total cost)but figure teh new car smell or showing up a newer van means something to prospects.

It makes VERY BAD buinsess sense to buy the new van because, well, you had $35k laying around and no other use for it.

Same for a genset or anything - it's a BUSINESS - your capital has to earn you a profit. If that genset cost $800 and you use it 5 years and sell it 10 times at $80 you got your $800 back.

BUT you coulda put that $800 in the bank at 2% interest and MADE money, instead of breaking even.

I'd like to know where you are getting 2% at a bank.....

It's all good to do the numbers but what is peace of mind worth as a dollar value?

Almost a grand more here Generator.jpg

If you want one .. happy to order .. not sure how I'd get it to you though .. :)

And besides .. $1000 CAD difference is like .. what .. $20 these days ... :)

Reactions: Jeff Romard
If you want one .. happy to order .. not sure how I'd get it to you though .. :)

And besides .. $1000 CAD difference is like .. what .. $20 these days ... :)

I think $24.70 to be exact ;)

Thanks for the offer Steve I think I'll hold off for now I figure either way it will get hit at the border. I might be going to Maine in November I'll nose around then

Reactions: steve149
I think $24.70 to be exact ;)

Thanks for the offer Steve I think I'll hold off for now I figure either way it will get hit at the border. I might be going to Maine in November I'll nose around then
No problem .. I think this special is just for today.

Too Late .. deal over .. back to $489 .. good price, just not $379 good.

I have a passbook savings getting 1.5%. I would assume you can do better someplace.

I hear all these retirement gurus quoting returns of 5, 10% and at times more..i've never seen it or gotten it.

[URL='https://www.ally.com/bank/high-yield-cd/?CP=126324715;0&CONBRR&term=60']High Yield CD: Rates, CD Calculator, Reviews & Features | Ally Bank - 1.75%
[/URL]

This is the bank I deal with
for personal accounts. On a high interest account if you have over 10K in there you can get a little better than half a percent but the fees are ridiculous. I use the basic one, which is not much better, but I generally put in that one not take out. I have a checking account for daily use

Technically, depending on your income, if you are only getting 5-10% you are saving for the taxman. You need more like a 20% return long term minimum to really make money

My checking account gets a whopping .01% ... Time to bring back the Carter years with 18% interest rates and 20% mortgage rates ... :)

Reactions: ittigger
My checking account gets a whopping .01% ... Time to bring back the Carter years with 18% interest rates and 20% mortgage rates ... :)

I got 2 years left on my mortgage and it's locked in....Bring it on ;)