Possibly looking to rent a photo booth for a wedding.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I personally don't care if Mix pays taxes or not .. that's between him, his God and the taxman ..

BUUUTTT .. he seems to want to be taken seriously as a businessperson .. and that won't fly based on many previous posts by him indicating and insinuating (and not refuted) that he takes a lot of shortcuts that others won't take and doesn't play by similar rules to the ones he's looking to be taken seriously by ..

+1

Just another BS thread. Just have the prospect contact a photobooth service. It ain't your job.
Please look at it this way. More than likely they don't have a clue what a photo booth cost to provide at an event. So they are just trying to get the most for their money. You and I know their budget is unrealistic for all the things they want. They could find someone with some simple lights to do their wedding for $800 and that's all they would get. Probably not that good either.

I just sent them an email telling them that their budget is unrealistic for all of what they want. I told them a photo booth alone will eat up their $800 budget. I mentioned an alternative that we could provide. Use a back drop with a nice light and I can take pictures with my nice DSLR camera. I also said we could provide for them some nice lights but not uplighting for the budget they have. I said if they want the stuff they have listed they will need to increase their budget which I doubt they will do that. I said my guy can play the music while I take pictures. Let's see how it goes. It's a small wedding of 50 people.

Wait let me get this straight. You sent an email to someone telling them what they need to do with their budget? At the same time you offered them a back drop and a light and your camera? Mix I have seen your pictures and haven't seen a single one that isn't out of focus. Great idea.

Wait let me get this straight. You sent an email to someone telling them what they need to do with their budget? At the same time you offered them a back drop and a light and your camera? Mix I have seen your pictures and haven't seen a single one that isn't out of focus. Great idea.
For their budget what more would you do for them? I have taken some nice pictures. Look at my gig log I just posted. Any way the point was to get them to realize that their budget is too low to get all what they want. Got it!?

I just looked at those photos and again you should not be volunteering to take pictures for anything and sure as hell should not try to charge people for it.

As for their budget all that you needed to say was, sorry I do not provide those services. I can offer you my DJ services for X amount and move on.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I just looked at those photos and again you should not be volunteering to take pictures for anything and sure as hell should not try to charge people for it.

As for their budget all that you needed to say was, sorry I do not provide those services. I can offer you my DJ services for X amount and move on.
You got me there Jimmy. I forgot to use the other flash in the bag instead of the one on the camera since the lights were off. The only real lights were on the stage.

I just sent them an email telling them that their budget is unrealistic for all of what they want. I told them a photo booth alone will eat up their $800 budget. I mentioned an alternative that we could provide. Use a back drop with a nice light and I can take pictures with my nice DSLR camera. I also said we could provide for them some nice lights but not uplighting for the budget they have. I said if they want the stuff they have listed they will need to increase their budget which I doubt they will do that. I said my guy can play the music while I take pictures. Let's see how it goes. It's a small wedding of 50 people.

Dear Bride & Groom,

I can't do half the sh*t you want for $800, but if quality doesn't matter to you then let's talk.

Sincerely,
Mixmastermachom